CBSE Class 10 Mathematics examination will be conducted tomorrow, March 28, 2018. Thus students are left with last one day to wrap their preparations for the exam. The students, who are going to write the Mathematics paper under the ongoing board exams, are quite anxious and nervous about the exam. To help students eradicate their nervousness and tension, we approached the experts to get some essential tips and suggestions. Tips shared by the experts will help you sum up all your learning more efficiently and give a final touch to your preparations on the last day. All these tips have been shared by the experienced teachers who also suggested students to continue with the study schedule and pattern they have been following so far. The tips given here will help them to excel their preparations by strengthening their knowledge and concepts.
Check out the tips on how to prepare best for the CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Examination 2018 with just one day left.
- Go through the formulae and theorems carefully for the last time before the exam.
- Prepare questions of Trigonometry, Mensuration and Statistics first as questions of high weightage will be asked from these units.
- Practice questions on Arithmetic Progressions as the paper will have two/three questions from this chapter.
- Practice the NCERT Exemplar Problems thoroughly.
- Attempt some questions of more weightage from latest sample papers and previous years’ question papers.
- Revise important theorems like Pythagoras theorem, Basic Proportionality theorem and areas of similar triangles. The question paper will surely have two/three questions based on these topics.
An Idea about Type of Questions to be asked in the paper:
- Questions on construction of a triangle similar to a given triangle. One question will surely be asked for 3/4 marks in paper.
- Questions on Trigonometry, which is going to be a less time taking and scoring part of the Mathematics exam. A four marks question based on Trigonometric Identities will be asked.
- One question on Probability will also be there in two/three marks questions.
- Question on Statistics will be there in four marks questions, which is considered to be the easy and scoring part of the exam.
- Questions based on Mensuration will be there in all sections and asked for the maximum weightage. Keep all the formulas related to surface areas and volumes of solids (mentioned in the syllabus) affirmed in your brain.
- One question of three/four marks based on ‘Angle of elevation, Angle of Depression’ will be there in Maths paper..
- Questions on Linear Equation, like unique solution, infinitely many solutions, no solution and questions like find the value of K will be asked under one/two marks type questions.
Find the value(s) of k, if the quadratic equation 3x2 − k√3x + 4 = 0, has equal roots.
- Avoid picking any new topic which you have not studied yet.
- Take light food and adequate rest.
- Avoid late hours study just the day before the exam.
While Writing the Exam:
- Study the questions properly and note the steps before attempting each question.
- Feel free to think out your answers on rough paper where you feel struck or confused. It will help you to understand the question quicker and write a proper solution for it.
- Give special attention to the stepwise process of answering the questions as separate marks are allotted to each step in the CBSE Board Exams.
- Maintain speed and accuracy hand in hand.
- Try to attempt the paper in reverse order, i.e., attempt four marks questions first. This will help to secure passing marks first.
Experts also commented on the difficulty level of Class 10 Mathematics Exam to be conducted tomorrow. Considering the trends followed in the previous years and the latest examination pattern, experts told us that the CBSE Class 10 mathematics paper would be easy, direct and straight from NCERT. However, twists in few questions might be there to maintain the standard of the board examinations.