Govt. Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh invites applications from the eligible candidates for filling up the two posts of Reader in the Department of Forensic Medicine in the Hospital, under the aegis of the Department of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh Administration, by way of Promotion/Deputation (Including Short-Term Contract) through Union Public Service Commission, New Delhi. The broad objective of GMCH is to provide comprehensive health careen compassing preventive, promotive, curative and rehabilitative healthcare to the residents of North India drawn from the urban/semi- urban/rural areas.
• Last Date of Submission of Application: Within 60(sixty) days from the date of the publication of advertisement in the‘Employment News’
Details of Posts
• Name of Post: Reader (Forensic Medicine)
• No.of Posts: 02(Two)
Eligibility Criteria/Educational Qualification:
Officers of the Central/State Governments/Union Territories/Statutory Bodies/Autonomous Organizations/Research Institutions:
(a) (i) Holding analogous posts on regular basis.OR
(ii) With two year's regular service in posts in the scale of pay of Rs.14,300-18,300/-(unrevised) or equivalent;and
(b) Possessing the educational and other qualifications prescribed for direct recruits as indicated below:
(i) A basic University or equivalent qualification included in any one of the Schedules to the Indian Medical Council Act,1956 (102 of 1956)and must be registered in a State Medical Register or Indian Medical Register.
(ii) M.D.(Forensic Medicine) from a recognized University/Institution or equivalent.
(iii) Five year's teaching experience in the concerned specialty after acquiring post graduate qualification as Assistant Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in a recognized Medical College/Teaching Institution.
(i) Minimum four Research Publications indexed in Index Medicus/National Journals.
(ii) The Departmental Officer(GMCH Cadre) in the grade of Senior Lecturer (Forensic Medicine),with two year's regular service in the grade will also be considered alongwith outsiders and In case he/she is selected for appointment to the post, the same shall be deemed to have been filled by promotion.
The Departmental Officer(GMCH Cadre) in the feeder category who are in the direct line of promotion shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation. Similarly,deputationists shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
Relaxation in Qualifications
(i) Qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission in case of candidates otherwise well qualified.
(ii) The qualification(s) regarding experience is/are relaxable at the discretion of UPSC in the case of candidate belonging to the SC/ST. If at any stage of selection,the UPSC is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates from these communities possessing the requisite experience are not likely to be available to fill up the posts reserved for them.
Age Limit not exceeding 56 Years as on closing date for receipt of application.
Pay Band(PB)–3,Pay Scale of Rs.37,400/- to Rs.67,000/- plus Grade Pay of Rs.8,900/-plus NPA and other allowances as admissible to UT Govt. employees.
How to Apply
• The eligible officers should apply for the aforesaid post and also forward their applications through their department.While forwarding the applications of the eligible officers, the concerned department should furnish the following certificates alongwith the application/curriculum Vitae Proforma of the officer so recommended:
(i) Up-to-date Annual Confidential Reports in original of the applicant(s) for the last five years.
(ii) Integrity Certificate signed by the Head of the Institution.
(iii) Vigilance Clearance Certificate indicating that no disciplinary proceedings or criminal proceedings are either pending or contemplated against the Officer concerned.
(iv) Certificate regarding no court case is pending against the officer concerned signed by the Head of the Institution.
(v) Statement of major/minor penalties, if any, imposed on the candidate during the last 10 years or a no penalty Certificate, as the case may be.
• Applications, duly completed in all respect, should reach the Director, Medical Education & Research, Government Medical College & Hospital,Chandigarh, Block‘D’, Room No.228-A, Sector 32-B, Chandigarh, within 60 (sixty)days from the date of its publication in the‘Employment News’.
• The establishment reserves the right to reject candidate at any stage of recruitment.
• For details of above said vacancy alongwith Curriculum Vitae Proforma can be downloaded and the candidates can go through the other terms and conditions as well from our the website www.gmch.gov.in.
The short listed candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Written Test/Trade Test/Practical/Skill Test/Interviews, which might be conducted by the administration.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.