Chandragupta Institute of Management, Patna (CIMP) is one of the most sought after B schools in and around Patna. The institute has decided to accept CAT 2014 scores for admission to 2015-16 academic session. Apart from IIMs, most top rated University affiliated and Private B schools accept CAT scores. A few of such premier B schools are SPJIMR, MDI, IMT, FMS, BIMTECH among many.
CAT 2014 is scheduled to be held on November 16 and November 22, 2014 across 99 test cities in India. CAT 2014 registration process will close on September 30, 2014. CAT 2014 aspirants apart from registering and appearing in CAT 2014 have to apply separately to CIMP to take admission in CIMP.
Eligibility Criteria for admission in CIMP through CAT 2014:
The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA).(also referred to as Persons with Disability (PWD) categories], from any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
Apart from this basic eligibility, one needs to sit for CAT 2014.
Important dates for admission in CIMP through CAT 2014:
- Beginning of Application form availability: 15 September 2014
- Last date of availability of Application form: 15 December 2014
- Last date to submit the application form: 17th December 2014
Application fee for admission in CIMP through CAT 2014: Rs. 1000/- (or Rs.200/- for SC/ST candidates)
Seats at CIMP: 60
Admission process at CIMP:
The selection of candidates for admission to the 2015-17 batch of the PGP at CIMP will be a three step process
1) Candidates will initially be shortlisted on the basis of their CAT 2014 scores.
2) Academic profile, and work experience of candidates will also be considered for short-listing.
3) Shortlisted candidates will be called for Essay test, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview/ Interaction. Candidates will be notified by courier/speed-post/registered post/e-mails.
Admission offer letter would be sent to successful candidates by March 2015.
Course Fee at CIMP: Rs. 5.00 lakhs excluding Security Deposit, Mess and Hostel charges