CBSE Class 12th Chapter, d & f Block Elements carries 5 Marks in board exam. Experts of Jagranjosh.com offer the best practice material that covers all important questions so that students will not miss any portion while preparing for board exams or competitive exams. Consider the mentioned terms/questions at the time of studying.
- Define transition elements? Why are they given this name?
- Explain the configuration of (n-1)d1-10 ns1-2 ?
- Why is zinc not considered a transition metal? Give reason.
To get the CBSE class 12th GUESS PAPERS, Click Here
- Cu atom has completely filled d-orbital’s in its ground state. How can you say that Cu is a transition metal?
- How can you account for the enthalpy of atomization for d block elements?
- Why do the transition metals have a high melting point?
- What is the trend of atomic radius in d block elements?
- What is the factor responsible for Lanthanide contraction?
- Why is Zirconium and Hafnium having the same atomic radius?
To get the CBSE class 12th PRACTICE PAPERS, Click Here
- Why is the third ionization enthalpy much higher for the d-block elements?
- The first ionization enthalpy of copper is higher than that of scandium. Why?
- The second ionization enthalpy of chromium is much higher than that of vanadium. Why?
- Why is the element in the middle of the transition metal series able to attain so many oxidation state but not the elements at the starting and end of the series?
To get the CBSE class 12th QUESTION PAPERS, Click Here
- Why Cr in the form of dichromate in acidic medium is a strong oxidizing agent, whereas MoO3 and WO3 are not?
- What will happen when complex compounds consist of ligands?
- Why is Cr2+ reducing and Mn3+ oxidizing when both have d4 configuration?
- Why are Cu2+ ions more stable than its counterpart Cu+ ions?
- Why is oxygen able to stabilize high oxidation states whereas not fluorine?
- Why is Eɵ value for nickel much higher than that of copper?
- Differentiate between paramagnetism and diamagnetism?
- Calculate the magnetic moment of a divalent ion in aqueous solution if its atomic number is 27?
- What leads to the formation color in transition metals?
- Why do transition metals form complex compounds?
- What is the reason for transition metals being used as catalysts?
- What do you understand by the term interstitial compounds? What is the principal physical and chemical characteristic of interstitial compounds?
- What is meant by ‘disproportionation’ of an oxidation state?
- Transition metals are good at forming alloys. Justify the statement?
- What is the effect of increasing pH on a solution of potassium dichromate?
To get the CBSE class 12th NCERT SOLUTIONS, Click Here
- Explain the formation of potassium dichromate from iron chromites ore?
- Explain the formation of Potassium permanganate?
- Calculate the number of unpaired electrons in the following:
Which of the above is most stable in aqueous solution?
- Write the electronic configuration of the following:
What would be their respective shapes?
- Complete the given equations:
a) MnO4– + S2O32– + H2O →
b) C2O42– + MnO4– + H+ →
c) Mn2+ + S2O82– + H2O →
d) FeCr2O4 + Na2CO3 + O2 →
e) Na2Cr2O7 + KCl →
- Draw the structures for the following:
a) Permanganate ion
b) Dichromate ion
c) Manganate ion
d) Chromate ion
e) Sodium dichromate
- Write uses of potassium dichromate?
- Comment on the statement that elements of the first transition series possess many properties different from those of heavier transition elements.
- Why the Lanthanides and actinides are called so?
- Describe the lanthanide contraction and the actinide contraction?
- Why is Ce (IV) good analytical reagent?
- Why is the absorption bands narrow in f elements?
- What happens at the third ionization enthalpy of f block elements?
- List the irregularities in the actinide series compared to the lanthanide?
- Compare the different characteristic of lanthanides and actinides?
- Actinide contraction is greater from element to element than lanthanide contraction. Why?
- List some practical applications of f block elements?
- The chemistry of the actinide elements is not as smooth as that of the lanthanides. Justify?
- Give the electronic configuration of Ce3+ ion?
Visit continuously in CBSE Section to get SOLVED & UNSOLVED question papers, Sample papers, online test with solution, study material, NCERT Solutions And Much More………