Department of Revenue and Disaster Management (Govt. of Puducherry) invites online applications from eligible and qualified Indian Citizens who are Natives/Residents of Union Territory of Puducherry for the Open Written Competitive Examination for Recruitment to the post of Village Administrative Officer (VAO).
• Last Date of Submitting Online Applications: 22 January 2014 on or before 5:45 PM.
• Last Date of Submission of Complete Documents: 29 January 2014 on or before 5:45 PM.
• Date of Open Written Competitive Examination: 16 February 2014 at 10:30 AM
Details of Posts
Name of the Posts: Village Administrative Officer (VAO)”
No.of Posts: 31(Thirty One) Posts [16–UR, 04–MBC, 04–SC, 02–OBC, 02–BCM, 02– EBC, 01–BT, 03–XSM and 01–MSP].
Educational Qualification for Eligibility
(i) A pass in H.Sc., in 10+2 pattern or its equivalent.
(ii) A pass in certificate course in Computer Application or any (Diplomas or Degrees in Computer Science/Computer Application/Information Technology issued by Government recognized Institutions/University).
(iii) The candidates who have completed SSLC and pursued the Diploma (10th Std.+3 years Diploma) in various disciplines without having H.Sc. or its equivalent may apply for the examination.
Age Limit & Relaxation
• Age Limit for the candidate should be between 18 and 32 years of age as on 22.01.2014.
• Upper Age limit is relaxable in respect of candidates of MBC, OBC, EBC, BCM and BT should be 03 (three) Years, 05 (five) Years for the candidates belongs to SC category.
• Relaxable age for Ex-Servicemen should be the length of service in Armed Forces in Indian Union plus 03 (three) years. And for Widows/Divorced Women/Women judicially separated from their Husband and not re-married should be up to the age of 35 years (up to 40 years for SC). But no relaxation of Educational qualification/Computer Qualification or method of recruitment.
• For Meritorious Sports Persons should be up to 5 years (10 years for SC). and For In-service officials, age Relaxable for Government servants upto 40 years (45 years for SC) in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by Central Government.
• The General/OBC/MBC/BCM/EBC/BT candidates should pay the examination fee of Rs.50/-.They should draw a single Demand Draft for Rs.50/- in any of the Nationalized bank in favour of The Special Secretary (Revenue), Puducherry payable at Puducherry.
• The SC candidates with origin status need not pay the Examination fee.
How to Apply
• Applicants fulfilling the eligibility criteria may apply online only through the website www.recruitment.puducherry.gov.in from 23 December 2013 (10.00 A.M) to 22 January 2014 (05.45 P.M.) and submit the online generated application duly signed along with the Demand Draft only to this Department on or before 29 January 2014 (05.45 P.M.) by 'Registered Post with Acknowledgement Due'.
• Applicants working in the Government Departments/Offices should also forward the online generated application through their respective Head of Departments/Offices within the due date i.e. on or before 29.01.2014 (05.45 p.m.) to the below mentioned address.
• The application should be submitted at the Address The Special Secretary (Revenue), Department of Revenue and Disaster Management, First Floor, Revenue Complex, Saram, Puducherry-605013.
• Merit list will be drawn based on the marks obtained by the applicants in the Common Open Written Competitive Examination. Allotment of posts will be done as per the eligibility, rank in the merit list, and as per the rule of reservation.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.