DU Admission process gets an enormous response from the students. Every just-passed-12th-Class student has an aim of getting into one of the premiere educational bodies of the country! And Delhi University is indeed the dream hub for pursuing under graduate courses. The varsity has already begun the intake procedure, which is online this year. The DU admission process will continue till 19 June 2016.
On the first day of online registration in DU admission 2016, which was on 01 June, 39000 applications were received. The DU admission is being held to induct students against more than 60000 undergraduate seats. The first cutoff list is likely to be announced on 27 June. Unlike previous years, only five cutoff lists will be declared by the University this year. However if seats remain vacant, the respective colleges will notify about it.
To-do list for those students who will be selected in the first cutoff list
After the declaration of the first cutoff, here are few things to be done by the selected students:
- Log in to your registered account on the University portal
- Check for the course and the college in which your percentage figures
- Choose the desired combination of course and college
- Take a printout of the form
- Report to the respective college (which you have selected for admission)
- Submit the printed form and the original certificates, in support of your educational qualification
- Deposit the originals with the college
- Receive the acknowledgement
- Pay the fees online through net banking
What if a student wants to change the college, even after the admission?
This quite a rare case! But it’s crucial too; and many students are unaware of the official procedure. In many cases, after the declaration of the second/subsequent cutoff list, students who already have taken admission on the basis of the first/ previous cutoff list wish to change the college. Therefore, for all those students, here is the how-to-do procedure:
- Approach the college where you have taken admission through the previous cutoff list
- Report the admission cancellation through online portal of the varsity
- Retrieve all the original documents submitted in the college
- Only after the admission is cancelled, proceed to the desired selected college for admission