Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance-Important Questions & Preparation Tips
In this article you will get the clue that from where and how the questions are being framed from the chapter Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
In this article you will get the clue that from where and how the questions are being framed from the chapter Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance.
The experts of jagranjosh.com have full confidence that you will not miss any of the questions in the board exam as well as in competitive exams from this chapter if you will keep the following terms / question in your mind while studying
- Similarities between coulomb’s force and gravitational force
- Concept of potential and kinetic energy when a test charge is brought from infinity to a particular point
- What is the fundamental characteristic of conservative force?
- Concept of electrostatic potential
- Potential due to a point charge
- Dependency of distance “r” with the electrostatic field and electrostatic potential
- Potential due to electric dipole
- Potential due to the a system of charge
- Potential inside and outside of a shell
- Two charges 3 × 10–8 C and –2 × 10–8 C are located 15 cm apart. At what point on the line joining the two charges is the electric potential zero? Take the potential at infinity to be zero.
- What are equipotential surfaces? Draw the equipotential surface for a dipole and two identical negative charges
- Relation between field and potential
- Several numerical on the formula E= - ∂V/ ∂l
- Determine the electrostatic potential energy of a system consisting of two charges 7 μC and –2 μC (and with no external field) placed at (–9 cm, 0, 0) and (9 cm, 0, 0) respectively. How much work is required to separate the two charges infinitely away from each other?
- Potential energy of a dipole in external electric field
- Several numerical based on the formula W=PE(cosθ1- cosθ2)
- Inside a conductor, electrostatic field is zero. Why?
- Electric field at the surface of a charged conductor
- Important electrostatic properties of a conductor
- What is electrostatic shielding?
- Find the electric field inside the cavity of a conductor
- Difference in behavior of a conductor and a dielectric in an external electric field.
- Explain the concept of polar and non polar molecule
- Value of K for perfect insulator, perfect conductor, water and alcohol
- What is potential field?
- If potential is given by V= - 2X2 + 3X + 8, then find the electric field intensity at X=1
- V= - 4X2 - 3XY, Find E(1,2)?
- Formula to calculate the work done to reverse the dipole
- Relation between charge density and the curvature of a surface
- Capacity of a charged spherical conductor
- There are 27 charged drops of water each of radii 1 mm and 1 Pico coulomb charge. Now they are collapsed, then find
Charge on a big drop
Potential on a big drop
Radius of big drop
Capacity of big drop
Surface density of big drop
Potential energy of big drop
Find weather the process is endothermic or exothermic
- Dielectric strength
- Calculation of capacitance in the
- Effect of dielectric on capacitance
- Uses of capacitor
- SI unit of capacitance
- What is a net charge on a charged capacitor?
- On what factor does the capacitance of a capacitor depend?
- Can we give any amount of charge to a capacitor?
- Concept of how energy is getting stored in a capacitor (all the formula to calculate the potential energy stored in a capacitor)
- Formula of electric density of electric field
- Van De Graff Generator in detail
- Dimensional formula of potential, capacitance, polarization and dielectric constant
- Show that the force on each plate of a parallel plate capacitor has a magnitude equal to (½) QE, where Q is the charge on the capacitor, and E is the magnitude of electric field between the plates. Explain the origin of the factor ½.
- In a parallel plate capacitor with air between the plates, each plate has an area of 6x 10-3 m2 and the distance between the plates is 3 mm. Calculate the capacitance of the capacitor. If this capacitor is connected to a 100 V supply, what is the charge on each plate of the capacitor?
Visit continuously in CBSE Section to Get SOLVED & UNSOLVED question papers, Sample papers, Practice papers and study material for the last moment And Much More……