English Vocabulary in Banking Exams : Know the Expert Tips
Good collection of vocabulary can help you to get good grades in Bank exams. The tips and strategies prepared by Jagranjosh.com team can be even more helpful for appearing students
The candidates opting for banking and other government jobs are bound to go through a process of written tests and interviews along with rounds of group discussion and medical tests. These tests allow the candidates to finally get selected for jobs in various government sectors. The written exams consists majorly objective type questions which needs to get answered on a stipulated time by the candidates. There are mainly 5 papers that the candidates need to prepare themselves for the written exams. Among the five papers the English Language paper is one such paper (Read more for study materials) where you can score real well. All you need is to prepare yourself well before going for the exams and follow a streamlined method to solve the problems.
The paper (Read more for bank exam question papers) contains various questions dealing with English comprehension, grammatical skills, and questions testing your vocabulary skills. The questions are so set that your overall English knowledge capacity could get tested. The paper on a whole contains generally 40 marks and the Vocabulary section remains the dominant in terms of questions asked in the paper. To test the vocabulary skills of the candidates there are questions related to Antonyms, Synonyms, Common errors, Mis-spelt words and Phrases. These questions require thorough understanding of the language by the candidates and thus they need to devote quite a lot of their preparation time to the paper.
There are few tips (Read more for tips and strategies) that could help the candidates in scoring well in the vocabulary section:
- Develop a reading habit: The best way to make yourself strong in vocabulary is to read constantly any material pertaining to knowledge. You should become an avid reader giving adequate time to go through newspapers, magazines, blogs, websites, books and what not. You should follow the sentence formation structure and new words in the pieces that you go through.
- Mark the new words: Go through various articles and features and make a list of words that seems new to you. Go through these words in the dictionary and find out what they mean. This would help you immensely in making your vocabulary and word stock richer.
- Try to write regularly: Along with reading you should establish a habit of writing as well. Writing makes your flair in the language smoother which can help you to use newer words in your composition. This can also develop confidence in you which is really important when it comes to perform.
- Don’t limit yourself to books only: It is important to follow books and web articles but along with them you can also develop a habit of following English plays, films, music, television series and other sources that deal with information and entertainment at the same go. Listening and viewing can also provide links to words and sentences completely alien to us.
- Go through constant practice: Mock test papers and sample question papers on the English language paper available in many competition guidebooks can help the candidates in developing their habit of solving problems in vocabulary section. It would also help them to get acquainted with lot of new words and sentences.