- The Reserve Bank of India on 25 July 2014 penalised 12 banks in Deccan Chronicle Holdings Limited case. The penalty imposed on these banks was of 1.5 crore rupees. These 12 banks are Andhra Bank; Axis Bank; Canara Bank; Corporation Bank; HDFC Bank; ICICI Bank; IDBI Bank; IndusInd Bank; Kotak Mahindra Bank; Ratnakar Bank; State Bank of Hyderabad; Yes Bank.
- The Union Government on 25 July 2014 revised investment target for Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) from 27000 crore rupees to 80000 crore rupees. The announcement was made by the Railway Board Chairman, Arunendra Kumar during the ASSOCHAM conference in New Delhi.
- The Union Cabinet on 24 July 2014 gave its approval to 49 percent foreign investment in insurance companies through the FIPB route ensuring management control in the hands of Indian promoters.
- India on 24 July 2014 decided against signing Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA) of the World Trade Organisation (WTO). The decision was taken at the meeting of the General Council of the 160-member WTO Geneva, Switzerland.
- Veteran BJP leader Kaptan Singh Solanki was appointed as the Governor of Haryana on 25 July 2014. Kaptan Singh Solanki will succeed Jagannath Pahadia.
- The Comptroller & Auditor General of India, Shashi Kant Sharma on 25 July 2014 assumed office as Member of the United Nations Board of Auditors for a term of six year upto June 2020. Shashi Kant Sharma took over the charge from Liu Jiayi.
- Keshari Nath Tripathi was sworn in as 22nd Governor of West Bengal on 24 July 2014. The Acting Chief Justice of the Calcutta High Court Asim Kumar Banerjee administered the oath of office to KN Tripathi in Raj Bhavan, Kolkata.
- The classical music reality show of Doordarshan Naad Bhed-The Mystery of Sound will be featured in Limca Book of Records. This was revealed through a statement issued by Doordarshan on 21 July 2014.
- The Indian Contingent won five medals in 45th International Physics Olympiad (IPHO2014) held in Astana, Kazakhstan from 13 July to 21 July 2014 at the Nazarbayev University in Astana. India won 2 gold medals and 3 silver medals in the Olympiad.
- National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange Ltd (NCDEX) on 25 July 2014 announced introducing a comprehensive hedge policy for the commodity markets.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) on 23 July 2014 became the first Indian company to achieve a market capitalization of 5 lakh crore rupees. It was achieved by the company on the back of Quarter 1 results.
- Internet search engine giant Google on 22 July 2014 announced to launch its Hindi version of Google Maps.
- Adil Zainulbhai has been appointed as independent director on the board of drug major Cipla.
- Sunil Mittal-headed Bharti Airtel on Friday launched 4G services in Nagpur which becomes second city after Pune in Maharashtra to get 4G services.
- Tractor maker Escorts Ltd. has tied up with L&T Finance to provide loan for buying tractors.
- Air Algerie plane Boeing MD-83 went missing over Gao in Mali in Africa on 24 July 2014. The plane was carrying 119 passengers, mostly French and Spanish nationals, from Burkina Faso to Algiers. The plane had taken off from Ouagadougou in Burkina Faso.
- India on 23 July 2014 voted in favour of United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) resolution for a probe on Israel's offensive in Gaza.
- European Union on 25 July 2014 extended the sanctions on Russia in wake of the Malaysian Airplane MH-17 crash that happened over eastern Ukraine in third week of July 2014.
- Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg of Germany on 20 July 2014 won the German Grand Prix. This is his first German GP and his fourth win of 2014.The race was held at the Hockenheimring near Hockenheim in the Germany.
- Indian tennis star Sania Mirza was appointment as Brand Ambassador of Telangana on 22 July 2014.
- Weightlifters Sukhen Dey and K Sanjita Chanu on 24 July 2014 clinched a Gold Medal each in weightlifting in the 20th Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland.
- Olympic Gold medalist Abhinav Bindra on 25 July 2014 won the Gold medal in Men’s 10-m Air Rifle event at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland
- Vincenzo Nibali of Italy on 27 July 2014 won the 101st edition of the Tour de France in cycling. To win the cycling championship, he finished the final stage in Paris. Nibali led the race for eighteen days out of twenty-one.
“Jagran Josh also helps to get information about Top MBA Institutes based upon your choice of Location and Specialization. Click here to get details & the Best Seller “MBA Pedia” eBook, absolutely FREE.