In this article you will get the clue that from where and how the questions are being framed from the chapter General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements. The experts of jagranjosh.com have full confidence that you will not miss any of the questions in the board exam as well as in competitive exams from this chapter if you will keep the following terms / question in your mind while studying.
e) Ellingham Diagram
i) Anode mud
a) Zone refining
b) Vapor phase refining
c) Chromatographic methods
1. Write the proper steps for the extraction and isolation of metals from ores:
I. Isolation of the metal from its concentrated ore
II. Purification of the metal, and
III. Concentration of the ore.
2. Calamine is ore of which metal:
3. Which is the most abundant metal in the Earth’s crust?
4. Which method is used for the separation of lighter gangue particles:
a) Froth Floatation Process
b) Hydraulic Washing
c) Magnetic Separation
5. Why are depressants used in the froth floatation method:
a) Recovery of ore particles,
b) Separate two sulphide ores,
c) Stabilize the froth, and
d) Enhance non-wet ability.
6. What is the depressant used in PbS?
7. What is the criterion involved behind the separation of impurities from ore in the froth floatation process?
8. What is the role of potassium ethyl xanthate in the froth floatation process?
9. Name the method to purify the semiconductors?
10. Read the given statements carefully:
a) Concentrated ore at high temperature (below melting point) in absence of air.
b) Concentrated ore at high temperature (below melting point) in presence of air.
c) Process used to make the Carbonate ores into porous form.
d) Process used to make the Sulphide ores into simplest oxide form.
Choose the correct statement for Calcinations:
a) b and d
b) b and c
c) a and c
d) a and d
Choose the correct statement for Roasting:
e) b and d
f) b and c
g) a and c
h) a and d
11. Write the chemical formulae for the given ores:
d) Heavy Spar
i) Glauber Salt
j) Bordeaux Mixture
Visit continuously in CBSE Section to Get SOLVED & UNSOLVED question papers, Sample papers, Practice papers and study material for the last moment And Much More………
CBSE Class 12 Physical Education: 3 Marks questions expected to be asked in 2018 board exam
CBSE Class 12 Physical Education: 1 Mark questions expected to be asked in 2018 board exam
CBSE Class 12 Maths Board Exam 2018: Last minute tips to score maximum marks in the paper
CBSE Class 12 Maths Board Exam 2018: List of 6 marks questions expected to be asked this year