Psychometric tests are an integral parts of banking examinations these days as we have seen the same last in IBPS Examinations and now, BOB Manipal School of Banking recruitment test also has a component called the Psychometric Test. You have to appear in it and answer the questions as per your own opinion. There is certainly no right or wrong answer in case of this test but this test is basically an examination of one’s psychology to work in banks in the future.
Psychometric Test: What is it about?
Before going into any detail regarding the right approach to attempt psychometric test, we need to understand the logic behind conducting this examination by IBPS in the while recruitment process. A Psychometric Test is the test of a candidate’s psychological suitability for the banking job that he or she is appearing for. You are asked to choose any one and according to your answer, your personality may be judged and your responses will be analyzed according to the standards set by the examination conducting body regarding the suitable characteristics required for the job.
How to go about the Psychometric Tests in Banking Examinations?
According to the notification by Bank of Baroda, the marks in the Psychometric Test will not be counted for consideration in preparing the final result of the recruitment exercise. But this test will be qualifying in nature and the final result will be prepared based on the marks in the online test and the group discussion / personal interview. However, going by the trend, we can accept these tests on a regular basis in any banking examination in the future. So, what is the best approach to score more in the examination?
- Be yourself: This is the most important thing you should do while you are attempting the psychometric test since this is the main logic behind this test. You must be yourself throughout the test and answer the questions without thinking about the impression it will create in the minds of the examiners.
- Do not over-think: This is the important logic behind conducting this test since you are required to think spontaneously and answer the questions. If you maintain this attitude throughout the test and answer the questions, your marks will be more in the examination. Otherwise, if you come across as somebody contradicting your answers, your marks will be very poor in the examination.
- Answer all the questions: You should not leave any question in the examination as your answers will be analyzed on the basis of all your questions. Just be yourself and answer the questions in the paper, you will pass with flying colors.
- Do not think about result: You must be yourself in the examination and must not think about impressing the examiner. Your only focus should be answering all the questions as has been asked from you.
- Be honest: This is required from you in the examination since if you are honest, the examiners will be able to find the real you through your answers. This is required since your real self is being adjudged in the examination.
Psychometric test is a new phenomenon that has been introduced by the IBPS in various banking examinations as an experimental test. In future, we may get to see more regarding this test as it is becoming increasingly popular among the banks to recruit candidates who suit the requirements of the job. Though now it is only qualifying, in future, marks may be added to the final list as well. So, be honest and attempt the questions in this test whenever you are asked to take this test. You need not require any preparation for this test.
All the best!!