Envrionment and Ecology form the part of IAS Main (Written) General Studies III. In the recent times the significance and importance of Environment topics has increased significantly. The Environment is taking the driving seat in all issues and discussions. There can be number of environmental issues which need to be discussed and they have their significance in short as well as long run. The long run concern is more important and cannot be overlooked. There are various International Conventions. Some of the Important Issues which should not be missed are as follows. Following are important topics for Environment and Ecology:-
• Bharat Emission and Sumitra Chaudhary report
• Gadgil Report on Western Ghat
• Himalayan Ecology, Cloudburst and implications including Uttarakhand and Kashmir
• Land degradation, Desertification, soil degradation, wetland management etc.
• Urbanization and its impact on environment
• Important international environmental conventions and initiatives such as the Rio Convention, Kyoto Protocol etc.
• Causes of environmental crisis in countries like India and remedial actions required to deal with this problem.
• Chaturvedi committee report on the environmental clearances
• Issues and problems in interconnecting rivers water
• Problem of encroachment on national park
• Ramsar convention, IPCC, IUCN, Nagoya Protocol, etc
• Green Building, National Green Tribunal, Green Climate Fund, Greenex
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.