Quizzes on the India Current Affairs section are designed to cover the wide range of national issues and other informations related to India from different segments which are of general human interest. Taking the India Current Affairs Quiz for April 2011 will update you on the latest incidents that occured in India. The quizzes on India Current Affairs will equip you to take all competitive examinations as well.
1. Sathya Sai Baba, one of India's most influential spiritual leaders expired on 24 April 2011 in his home town in Andhra Pradesh. Name his hometown.
2. Nawang Gombu, the first man to scale Mt. Everest twice died in Darjeeling early on 24 April 2011 at the age of 79. Nawang was the first person in the world to summit Mt Everest twice, the first in India to conquer Nanda Devi (24,645ft) and the youngest to climb to a height of 26000 feet. Which of the following awards did he not win?
a. Padma Bhusan
b. Padma Shree
c. Queen Elizabeth II Coronation Medal
d. Bharat Ratna
3. According to reports of Freedom House published on 23 April 2011 what was India’s ranking among 37 countries that were assessed on the basis of free and unrestricted access to the web?
4. Identify the person with the help of the following clues:
1. He was arrested by the CBI in relation to the scam that revolved around a Rs 141-crore contract for the in-stadia results and scoring system.
2. A three-time Lok Sabha MP from Pune, he held the position of the President of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) since 1996.
3. He is an alumnus of two prominent educational institutions in Pune — St Vincent’s high school and Fergusson College.
4. He had joined the National Defence Academy in 1960 and was later commissioned in the IAF as a pilot
a. Suresh Kalmadi
b. Vinod Goenka
c. Sharad Kumar
d. Karim Morani
5. Which group won 12 awards, including four Golds at the third edition of the WOW awards in April 2011 for events and experiential marketing?
a. Mudra Group
c. GroupM Media
d. Candid Marketing
6. Which one of the following became the first Indian state to set up Agriculture Cabinet?
b. Uttar Pradesh
7. Western Ghats Ecology Expert Panel (WGEEP) has identified twenty-five ecologically sensitive areas in which one of the following states?
8. The National Advisory Council (NAC) finalised a draft bill named the draft prevention of communal and targeted violence (Access to Justice and Reparations) Bill to tackle communal violence including attacks SC and ST members and religious and linguistic minorities. Who is the Chairperson of NAC?
a. Sonia Gandhi
b. Manmohan Singh
c. Suresh Kalmadi
d. Rahul Gandhi
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .