Quizzes on the India Current Affairs section are designed to cover the wide range of national issues and other informations related to India from different segments which are of general human interest. Taking the India Current Affairs Quiz for November 2011 will update you on the latest incidents that occured in India. The quizzes on India Current Affairs will equip you to take all competitive examinations as well.
1. Legendary singer-composer and Padma Bhushan awardee Bhupen Hazarika died in Mumbai on 5 November 2011. Which of the following facts about him is not true?
2. At the age of 12, Hazarika sang his first song Biswa Bijoy No Jowan for an Assamese film Indramalati
3. Hazarika featured in his first music video -Our Northeast, Our Star with Shantanu Moitra and Swanand Kirkire
4. He was awarded the National Award in 1975 for Chameli Memsaab.
5. He was the chairman of the Sangeet Natak Akademi from 1999-2004.
6. He was chosen as a member of the Assam Legislative Assembly from 1972-77.
a. 1 & 4
b. 2 & 3
c. Only 2
d. Only 5
2. Name the Indian Union Minister who represented India at the meeting of the Heads of Governments of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) in St. Petersburg on 7 November 2011.
a. Union Power Minister Sushilkumar Shinde
b. Union Minister of External Affairs S.M. Krishna
c. Union Minister of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Vilasrao Deshmukh
d. Union Minister of New and Renewable Energy Dr. Farooq Abdullah
3. A study on the twin ailments- diabetes and hypertension, called Screening India's Twin Epidemic (SITE) conducted by Aventis Pharma Limited, Sanofi Group were published on 7 November 2011. Which of the following statistics related to the study is/are not true?
1. According to the study, one in every five or 60% of Indian adults living in urban cities suffers not only from hypertension but also diabetes.
2. 29.32 per cent of the hypertension patients suffer from kidney complications.
3. Study to find prevalence of diabetes & hypertension discovered that 80% people had abdominal obesity.
4. The study also has disclosed that in 9 per cent of the newly diagnosed cases, patients did not know that they had diabetes. Among hypertensive patients, 27 per cent did not have their condition under control
a. 1 & 3
b. 2 & 4
c. 1 & 4
d. 1 & 2
4. Which one of the following ministries launched a scheme, Adivasi Shiksha Yojana on 2 November 2011?
a) Tribal Affairs Ministry
b) Home Ministry
c) Ministry of Rural Development
d) Ministry of Power
Answer: (a) Tribal Affairs Ministry
5. The state cabinet of __recently decided to waive VAT on fertilizers to provide relief to the farmers.
Answer: (a) Delhi
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .