India This Week gives a brief analysis on the week. Please visit this segment to stay updated with the current affairs happening in India.
The week 20 August – 26 August was marked with some major event in India like appointment of Poonam Kishore Saxena as the chairman of central board of Direct taxes, election of deputy chairman of Rajya sabha, Indian Missile Prithvi II test firing and many more.
20 August 2012
• The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) assertively demanded the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) report on the allocation of coal blocks.
21 August 2012
• Poonam Kishore Saxena appointed as Chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes.
• Vayalar Ravi assumed Charge as Union Minister for Science and Technology.
• Delhi State Government launched kerosene free Delhi scheme.
• PJ Kurien elected as the Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha.
• Maharashtra recorded the Maximum Number of Deaths due to SAEs (Serious Adverse Events) during Drug Trials.
• The DEIT (Department of Electronics and Information Technology) issued an ultimatum to social networking site Twitter to block nearly 30 of its WebPages
22 August 2012
• The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) recommended the extension of the ban on import of milk and milk products from China till 23 June 2012 or until further orders.
• RBI stipulated the Norms for Securitisation of Loans by NBFCs (Non banking Finance Companies).
• Supreme Court extended the ban on Tourism Activities in Tiger Reserves.
23 August 2012
• Arvind Saxena appointed the Managing Director of Volkswagen India.
• Ankur Mittal won the bronze medal in double trap in the fourth International junior shotgun Cup in Orimattila, Finland.
• Parliament's Public Accounts Committee decided to bring the three latest CAG reports on coal allocations, GMR-run Delhi airport and Reliance Power, onto its agenda for the year 2012.
• Sonia Gandhi ranked number six in the Forbes magazine’s list of the world’s 100 most powerful women
24 August 2012
• The Bhilai Steel Plant won the Prime Minister’s Trophy for the 10th Time.
• Celebrated Sarod exponent Amjad Ali Khan, vocalist Girija Devi and famous writer Ruskin Bond were conferred the Delhi Government’s Lifetime Achievement Awards.
• Reliance power entered into a partnership with China Datang Corporation(CDT) for developing and operating Energy products in India and abroad.
25 August 2012
• India successfully test fired nuclear-capable ‘Prithvi-II' ballistic missile from the Integrated Test Range off Odisha coast as part of a user trial by the Army.
26 August 2012
• India against corruption (IAC) Supporters created uproar on Delhi roads to protest against the allocation of coal blocks.
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .