Indian Army invited applications from LAW GRADUATES Married/Unmarried men and unmarried women for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army for Judge Advocate General Dept. The candidates eligible for the post may send their applications in the prescribed format on or before 14 February 2014. Indian Army is the land based branch of Indian Armed forces and also the largest one. It is responsible to ensure national security of the country.
Last Date for receipt of Application Forms: 14 February 2014
Name of the Post: JAG Entry Scheme 13th Course OCT-2014
- Men: 7 posts
- Women: 3 posts
Total no. of posts: 10
Candidate’s age should be between 21 to 27 years.
- LLB Degree (three years professional after graduation or five years after 10+2 examination) with minimum 55% marks.
- The candidates should be eligible for registration with Bar Council of India/State.
- The candidates should enclose a certificate of percentage of obtained marks in aggregate/CGPA converted to aggregate percentage of marks as per university rules from their institutes with their applications.
Pay Scale: Rs.21000/- per month, during the period of training.
Candidate will be selected on the basis of followings:
- Inital Screening and shortlisting of applications will be done at Recruiting Directorate Army Headquarters and the decision of DG Recruiting will be final.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to be appear at the Service Selection Board on a specified date where they will be required to undergo Group Tests, Psychological Tests and an interview for duration of five days excluding the date of reporting at the Service Selection Centre.
- Two Stage Selection Procedures: Two stage selection procedure based on psychological Aptitude Test is held at Selection Centers. All the candidates will face stage one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centers. The candidates who qualify in stage one will be admitted to the second stage/remaining tests. Those who fail to pass stage one will be returned on the same date.
- Those candidates who qualify stage II will submit the attested photo copy each of Matriculation Certificate showing date of birth, Original degree or provisional degree with all year/parts /semesters mark sheets at Selection centre.
- The candidates, who qualify at the Service Selection Board and are found medically fit by a Medical Board, will be placed in order of merit.
- The final selection will be made in that order up to the number of vacancies available at that time.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application format, as given in the notification.
- Complete the application with all mandatory details, attach photograph, attest signature and submit it along with all required documents duly superscribed “APPLICATION FOR SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION (NT) MEN/ WOMEN COURSE - OCT 2014 FOR JUDGE ADVOCATE GENERALS DEPARTMENT” on the top outer cover of the envelope to DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF RECRUITING, Rtg ‘A’, JAG Entry, AG’s Branch, Army Headquarters, West Block - III, RK Puram, New Delhi-110066 before 14 February 2014.