Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata invites applications from the eligible candidates fulfilling the requisite criteria for filling up the following below mentioned posts purely on temporary basis in the Machine Intelligence Unit, to work in the following three projects of the Institute.
(i) Development of rough Set Based Approaches for Identification of Co- Expressed.
(ii) Integrating CT Images with Gene Expressions Using Soft Computing.
(iii) Moving Object Detection and Tracking from Complex Video Sequences.
The appointment will be till 31 March 2015 and can be extended. The candidates eligible for the post may apply on or before 23 May 2014.
- Last Date of Submission of Application: 23 May 2014.
Details of Posts
Project Linked Persons: 05 (Five) Posts
(i) ME/ M. Tech. or equivalent in Computer Science/ Electronics/ Electrical Engineering/ Information Technology/ Bioinformatics/ Biotechnology with throughout first class; OR
(ii) M. Sc. in Statistics/ Mathematics/ Physics/ Electronics/ Computer Science/ Bioinformatics/ Biotechnology with throughout first class; OR
(iii) MCA throughout first class.
(iv) Good Knowledge in Computer Programming (C/ C++/ Java) is must.
Age Limit & Relaxation
Age Limit for the candidate should be 35 years as on 01 April 2014 and Relaxation should be as per Govt. rules.
Pay Scale/ Salary
Consolidated Salary of Rs. 20,000/- to Rs. 25,000/- Per Month.
The short listed candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Written Test/ Trade Test/ Practical/ Skill Test/ Interviews, which might be conducted by the administration.
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates may apply in prescribed format along with the photocopies of testimonials/ certificates relating to educational qualifications, date of birth, experience, category (SC/ ST/ OBC), etc. and must reach to the “Professor –in- Charge, Computer and Communication Sciences Division, Machine Intelligence Unit (MIU), Indian Statistical Institute, 203 B.T. Road, Kolkata – 700 108” on or before 23 May 2014.
- Candidates already employed in Central Govt./ State Govt./ Public Sector Undertakings (PSU)/ Departmental candidates should submit their applications through proper channel. And submit the ‘No Objection Certificate’.
- The envelope containing the application must be super scribed in bold letters as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF _____________________”.
- No TA/ DA will be admissible to the candidates for attending the Interview.
- The establishment reserves the right to reject candidate at any stage of recruitment.
- All incomplete applications in any respect to be rejected.
- For details of Post, Application Form and other terms and conditions the candidate can go through the link below.