Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi invites application from the enthusiastic, energetic, young bonafide Indian Researchers having excellent academic record and proven scientific achievements along with requisite experience and a high degree of Motivation and Desire to take up Research as career to fill up the vacant posts of Senior Research Fellows in the department of Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Basic Sciences, for the different projects CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research) as per the details given below. The name Jamia Millia Islamia University derives its name from Urdu language in which Jamia means University and Millia means National. The education in the 21st century requires the Jamia Millia Islamia University to keep pace with global changes.
• Last Date for Submitting the Applications: 20 January 2014.
• Date of Interview: 27 January 2014.
Details of Posts
(A) Project Entitled: Mechanism of Survival of Ethanol Producing Organisms : Role of Cellular Compatible Osmolytes in Counteracting the Deleterious Effects of Ethanol on Structure, Stability and Function of Proteins”
Senior Research Fellow: 01 (One) Post
(B) Project Entitled: Relation between Stability and Functional Activity of Proteins in the Presence of Different Sizes of Sugar Osmolytes
Name of the Post: Senior Research Fellow”
No. of Posts: 01 (One).
Essential Qualification & Experience
(i) M. Sc. Degree in Life Sciences or allied subjects.
(ii) The NET/ GATE with a minimum 02 Years of research experience after Post Graduation OR
(iii) At least 02 Years of Post – M. Sc. research experience as evidence from published papers in standard referred journals.
The Maximum Duration of the project is 03 (Three) Years
Pay Scale/ Salary/ Stipend
Stipend shall be given as per the CSIR rule.
How to Apply
• Eligible candidates are required to apply for the above said post.
• Application with updated hard copy of the CV of the candidate shall reach to the Dr. Faizan Ahmad, Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Basic Sciences, Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi – 25 on or before 20 January 2014.
• Interview shall be held on 27 January 2014 in the office of the Director, CIRBSc., JMI, New Delhi.
The candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Written Test/ Trade Test/ Interviews, which might be conducted by the administration.