Mazagon Dock Limited invited application for recruitment to the post of Pipe Fitters, Fire Fighters and Engine Driver 2nd Class for appointment on Contract Basis for a maximum period of two years. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 19 November 2013.
Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) is India’s prime shipyard. It manufactures warships and submarines for the Indian Navy, as well as offshore platforms and associated support vessels for offshore oil drilling. It also builds tankers, cargo bulk carriers and passenger ships and ferries.
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Forms: 19 November 2013
- Date of Interview: 22 November 2013
Details of Post
Name of the Posts:
- Engine Driver 2nd Class: 1 Post
- Pipe Fitter: 25 Posts
- Fire Fighter: 19 Posts
Total No. of the Posts: 45
- Candidate’s age should not be below 18 years and above 33 years as on 1 November 2013 for Pipe Fitters and Fire Fighters.
- Candidate’s age should not be below 18 years and above 45 years as on 1 November 2013 for Engine Driver 2nd Class.
- Age relaxations would be as per Government rules
- Engine Driver 2nd Class: Certificate of competency issued by Maharashtra Maritime Board/Mercantile Marine Dept. as per Indian Vessel Act and Knowledge of Swimming is compulsory with minimum 2 years experience as Engine Driver 2nd Class.
- Pipe Fitter: Passed SSC or equivalent examination conducted by a Board recognised by the Government and the National Apprenticeship Certificate Examination passed in the trade of “Pipe Fitter” OR “Plumber” and having one year experience in MDL/Ship-building industry as a Plumber.
- Fire Fighter: Passed SSC or equivalent with Diploma or Certificate in Fire Fighting of minimum six months duration from a Govt. recognized institute and should have a valid Heavy Duty Vehicle Licence.
- General and OBC candidates need to pay the fee of Rs. 100/- in form of Demand Draft drawn in favor of Mazagon Dock Limited payable at Mumbai.
- No fee for SC/ST/PWD & Ex-servicemen candidates.
- Engine Driver 2nd Class: Rs.8000/- per month
- Pipe Fitter: Rs.7500/- per month
- Fire Fighter: Rs.6000/- per month
Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in Trade Test and Personal Interview.
How to Apply
- Candidates are required to download the Application form from MDL Website
Fill the application form, attach photo, attest signature and super scribe ‘Application for the Post applied for ____” on the envelope and send along with Demand Draft and self attested copies of relevant certificates and documents to the following address before 19 November 2013.
DGM (Rec-NE), Recruitment Cell,
Service Block- 3rd Floor,
Mazagon Dock Limited,
Dockyard Road, Mumbai-400010