Mother Teresa Women’s University (MTWU), Kodaikanal is one of the leading women’s universities and was set up in 1984 by the enactment of Tamil Nadu Act 15. The University invited applications from eligible women aspirants for admission to full time/ part time PhD programme.
Name of Programme
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) – Full time/ Part time
Faculty wise disciplines:
- Arts- Tamil / English / Women’s Studies / Historical Studies / Economics / Sociology / Tourism Management / Music
- Science- Mathematics / Computer Science / Information Technology / Physics / Chemistry / Biotechnology / Zoology / Home Science / Psychology / Visual Communication / Library and Information Science / Guidance & Counseling
- Management- Management / Commerce
- Education- Education / Human Rights Education
Deadline to receive duly filled application form: 15 March 2013
- Applicants should have cleared 10+2+3+2 / 11+1+3+12 / 10+3+2+2
- Candidates must have PG Degree with 55% of marks (50% marks for SC / ST).
- For PhD in Education, M Ed qualification is necessary.
- For Part- Time PhD, two years experience in Teaching / Laboratory (Government / Private) is required
- Admission seekers who have qualified NET/SET/GATE are exempted from the Entrance Examination
Candidates will be selected on the basis of following criteria:
- Scores secured in entrance examination
- Performance in the interview
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
The application fee is Rs 550 and should be paid through the Demand Draft drawn in the name of Registrar, Mother Teresa Women’s University, Kodaikanal.
How to Apply
- Aspirants should download the application form from the website of the University www.motherteresawomenuniv.ac.in.
- Admission seekers are required to fill in the form and pay the fee as prior mentioned.
- Applicants should attach the DD and the attested photocopies of following documents with the application form:
(a) Cumulative Mark Statement of PG Degree
(b) Community Certificate
(c) Experience Certificate
- Completely filled application form along with the requisite amount of DD and other enclosures should reach to the below mentioned address within the prescribed time span:
National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi
BIT Polytechnic Campus
BIT Mesra, Ranchi
For further information, please visit http://www.motherteresawomenuniv.ac.in/