National Sugar Institute in Kanpur, under Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Government of India invites applications from eligible candidates for admissions to various courses for the academic session 2014-15.
Important Dates and Information For On-Line Application
- On- line submission of application forms starting Date: 11 March 2014
- Last date for submission of On-line Applications: 11 April 2014 till 5pm
- Last date for receipt of downloaded print outs of duly filled & signed application forms at NSI Kanpur: 29 April 2014 till 5 pm
Important Dates and Information For Off Line Application
- Sale of application form and syllabus against cash payment start from: 11 March 2014 till 11 April 2014)
- Last date for receipt of Money Order at NSI Kanpur for Sale of application form and syllabus against money order: 21 March 2014
- Last date for receipt of duly filled application form by hand or by registered post at NSI Kanpur: 11 April 2014
1. Post-Graduate Courses:
a) ASI(ST) Post Graduate Diploma Course of Associateship of National Sugar Institute in Sugar Technology
Course Duration: Two and half academic years
Minimum Eligibility Qualification: B.Sc. with Chemistry,Physics and Mathematics or Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering.
b) ASI(SE) Post GraduateDiploma Course of Associate ship of National Sugar Institute in Sugar Engineering
Course Duration: One and Half academic Years
Minimum Eligibility: Bachelor’s Degree or A.M.I.E.(from Institutions of Engineers, India) in Mechanical/ Production/Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Electronics Engg.
c) DIFAT Post Graduate Diploma Course in Industrial Fermentation and Alcohol Technology
Course Duration: One academic year followed By 4 months practical training in a distillery or brewery
Minimum Eligibility: B.Sc. withChemistry /Applied Chem./ Industrial Chem. or Bio- Technnology or Bio-Chemistry as one of the subject. or B. Tech. inBio- Technology.
2. Certificate Courses
a) SECC Certificate Course in Sugar Engineering
b) SBCC Certificate course in Sugar Boiling
c) PHCMS Certificate Course in Pre-harvest Cane Maturity Survey
d) CCQC Certificate Course in Quality Control
3. Fellowship diploma of the Institute (F.N.S.I.)
a) F.N.S.I. in Sugar Technology or Sugar Chemistry A.N.S.I. (Sugar Tech.)
b) F.N.S.I. in Sugar Engineering A.N.S.I. (Sugar Engg.)
c) F.N.S.I. in Fermentation Technology
Duration of FNSI Course
For (a) & (b) – One year or three off-seasons of four months each followed or preceded by
practical training for two cane crushing seasons in a sugar factory.
For (c)- One year followed or preceded by practical training of one year in a distillery or brewery.
Age Eligibility Criterion
For all courses, the maximum age allowed is 35 years. Candidates born on or after 1 July 1979 only will be considered for admission.
Mode of Selection
Either through Written Test or Personal Interview, depending on the course applying for.
How to Apply
Both Online and Offline procedure applicable
For detailed information, click on the below detailed advertisement: