NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History Chapter 10 - New Empires and Kingdoms are considered as the best resource to get an in-depth understanding of all the concepts. With these NCERT Solutions you will get the simplest answers to all questions given at the end of chapter 10 of the latest NCERT Book for Class 6 History. These solutions will help you prepare for your exams in an effortless manner. You can easily download all the questions and answers from the link provided at the end of this article.
Check below the NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History Chapter 10 - New Empires and Kingdoms:
1. State whether true or false:
(a) Harishena composed a prashasti in praise of Gautamiputra Shri Satakarni.
(b) The rulers of Aryavarta brought tribute for Samudragupta.
(c) There were twelve rulers in Dakshinapatha
(d) Taxila and Madurai were important centres under the control of the Gupta rulers.
(e) Aihole was the capital of the Pallavas.
(f) Local assemblies functioned for several centuries in south India.
2. Mention 3 authors who wrote about Harshavardhana.
The 3 authors who wrote about Harshavardhana were:
(ii) Xuan Zang
3. What changes do you find in the army of this time?
The changes that can be found in the army of this time are:
- Kings maintained a well-organised army, with elephants, chariots, cavalry and foot soldiers.
- They had an advanced range of weapons.
- There were military leaders who provided the king with troops whenever he needed them.
4. What were the new administrative arrangements in this period?
The new administrative arrangements in this period were:
- Some important administrative posts turned out to be hereditary.
- Sometimes, one person held many offices.
- important men probably had a say in local administration. These included the nagarashreshthi or chief banker or merchant of the city, the sarthavaha or leader of the merchant caravans, the prathama-kulika or the chief craftsman, and the head of the kayasthas or scribes.
5. What do you think Arvind would have to do if he was acting as Samudragupta?
If Arvind was acting as Samudragupta he would have to do the following things:
- Maintain a well organised army and make strategies to win battles.
- Establish a strong and efficient administration.
- Look after the welfare of the people.
- Learn to play the veena.
6. Do you think ordinary people would have read and understood the prashastis? Give reasons for your answer.
No, the ordinary people would not have read and understood the prashastis because these were written in Sanskrit language and Sanskrit is not the language of ordinary people.
Download all the NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History Chapter 10 from the following link:
You can also get the chapter-wise NCERT solutions for Class 6 History, Civics and Geography subjects from the link provided below: