North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health & Medical Science, Shillong invites applications from the eligible Indian Nationals for filling up the following posts of the Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor. The details of the posts mentioned below.
• Last Date of Submission of Application: 30 April 2014
Details of Posts
Professor: 24 Posts
Associate Professor: 13 Posts
Assistant Professor: 27 Posts
(i) A recognized medical qualification included in the First or Second Schedule or Part-II of the Third Schedule to the Indian Medical Council Act of 1956. Holders of educational qualifications included in Part-II of the Third Schedule should also fulfill the conditions stipulated in Section 13 (3) of the Act.
(ii) A Post Graduate qualification e.g. MD/MS or a recognised qualification equivalent thereto in the respective subject/ allied discipline.
(iii) A Postgraduate qualification i.e. Masters Degree in the concerned subject/allied discipline.
(iv) A Doctorate degree of a recognised University in the respective subject/allied discipline.
Note: For detailed qualification the candidate can go through the website www.neigrihms.nic.in
Age Limit & Relaxation
• Not exceeding 50 years (relaxable up to 5 years for employees of the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation and the Government Servants).
• The upper age limit is relaxable to SC/ST/OBC candidates as per the instructions/orders of Government of India.
Pay Scale/ Emoluments
• Pay Band PB – 4 and Pay Scale of Rs. 37,400/- to Rs. 67,000/- plus Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 10,500/- Per Month for the post of Professor and AGP of Rs. 9,000/- Per Month for the post of Associate Professor.
• Pay Band PB – 3 and Pay Scale of Rs. 15,600/- to Rs. 39,100/- plus Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 8,000/- Per Month for the post of Assistant Professor.
• Non Practicing Allowance (for medical candidates only).
• In addition to Pay they will also be eligible for DA, NPA, HRA and Transport Allowance as per rules in force from time to time.
How to Apply
• Interested eligible candidates are requested to submit their application in the prescribed form along with attested copies of certificates, testimonials and one copy of recent passport size photograph. Complete applications may be sent in the prescribed applications form to the Director, North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health & Medical Sciences, Mawdiangdiang, Shillong – 793 018 on or before 30 April 2014 up to 5:30 P.M.
• Candidates already employed in Central Govt./ State Govt./ Public Sector Undertakings (PSU) should submit their applications through proper channel and also submit the “No Objection Certificate” from the current employer.
The short listed candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Written Test/ Trade Test/ Practical/ Skill Test/ Interviews, which might be conducted by the administration.