The National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli invited applications for recruitment to the post of Assistant Professor in various departments. Eligible candidates can send applications in the prescribed format on or before 15 May 2014. The National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli (NITT) was founded in 1964 to cater to the country's growing need for technological manpower. It is one of the 30 National Institutes of Technology in India and is recognized as an Institute of National Importance.
Last Date for receipt of Application form: 15 May 2014
Details of Post
Name of the Post: Assistant Professor
Name of the Departments
• Architecture: 2
• Chemical Engineering: 1
• Chemistry: 2
• Civil Engineering: 4
• Computer Applications: 2
• Computer Science and Engineering: 2
• Electrical and Electronics Engineering: 3
• Electronics and Communication Engineering: 3
• Energy and Environmental: 1
• Humanities: 2
• Instrumentation and Control Engineering: 2
• Management Studies: 2
• Mathematics: 3
• Mechanical Engineering: 4
• Metallurgical and Materials Engineering: 3
• Physics: 1
• Production: 3
Total No. of Vacancies: 40
Candidates must possess Ph.D. with first class at the preceding degree or equivalent in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout the career. Seven non-compoundable advance increments are admissible.
Pay Scale: Rs. 15600 to 39100 + AGP- Rs. 6,000, PB-III
Eligible candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Interview.
How to Apply
• Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application format as given in notification.
• The application complete in all respects along with self attested copies of Certificates in proof of age, qualification, experience etc should reach to the Registrar, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli – 620015, Tamil Nadu, India on or before 15 May 2014.
• The envelope should be superscribed with the discipline and post applied for.