The University of Delhi was established in 1922 as a unitary, teaching and residential university by an Act of the Central Legislative Assembly. Popularly known as DU, it offers courses at the undergraduate and post-graduate levels. Department of Education, University of Delhi announced Admissions to the PhD. Programme in the Department of Education, University of Delhi through interview.
Name of Programme
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programme
- Deadline for Submission of Application Form and 12 copies of Statement of Purpose: 24 January 2013 (till 4 pm)
- List of Shortlisted applicants for Interview displays: 6 February 2013 (4 pm)
- Date of Interview: 11 February 2013 and 12 February 2013 (9: 30 am)
- List of selected candidates displays: 19 February 2013 (4 pm)
- Applicants must be JRF and other scholarship possessor.
- Besides, University/ College teachers holding a permanent, temporary or ad-hoc position and completed two years of service as teacher in a Department/Constituent College of the University of Delhi can also apply
The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their profile and statement of purpose submitted by them. The shortlisted applicants will then be called for an interview for the final selection on the specified date at the Department of Education, University of Delhi.
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
General and OBC candidates will have to pay Rs 100 as the application fee while the fee for applicants belonging to SC/ST/ PWD category is Rs 25. The application fee should only be submitted in the form of Demand Draft from Nationalised Bank payable at Delhi in the name of Registrar, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007.
How to Apply
- Admission seekers can download the application form from the Department of Education website - http//cie.du.ac.in and Delhi University website
- Applicants are required to completely fill in the form and send the form along with 12 copies of statement of purpose and DD to the following address by post so as to reach on or before the last date:
Room No. 4 of the Department of Education, University of Delhi
33, Chhatra Marg, University of Delhi
Delhi - 110 007
To obtain further details, please visit http//cie.du.ac.in or www.du.ac.in