Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University invited application for availing admission in different Postgraduate and Undergraduate programs for the current session 2013-2014. Admission to MBA courses can only be availed through the CAT score and the marks obtained in the personal interview. Interested candidates can choose desired course.
Starting date of application: 17 June 2013
Last date of receipt of application for B. Tech and PG courses: 12 July 2013
Last date of receipt of application for MBA courses: 30 June 2013
Courses and Duration
- B. Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Industrial Biotechnology and Mechanical Engineering: (4 yrs courses)
- B. Arch: (5 yrs course)
Selection under these undergraduate programs depends on the eligibility criteria of JEE Main-2013.
Post Graduate program
- M.Tech. (Manufacturing & Automation, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering)
- Part-Time M. Tech. (Energy Management)
- M.A. (Physics, Mathematics, Philosophy, English)
- Ph.D Management/Economics/ Computer Science & Engg. /Electronics & Communication Engg. / Mechanical Engg./ Physics/ Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Chemistry/Chemical/Biology / Philosophy.
How to apply
Interested candidates can obtain prospectus cum application form by cash payment of Rs. 1025/- or Rs. 525/- from the different branches of J&K Bank Ltd. detail of which is available in the below mentioned link. Submit the filled application prior to the last date to Registrar, SMVDU, Sub Post Office 182320, Kakryal, Katra OR at PRO Office, 15C 2nd Extension, Gandhi Nagar, Jammu-180004.
The candidates seeking M.Tech. Admissions will be selected on the basis of marks obtained in the GATE entrance exam and the interview. Candidates for other courses excepts M.tech and MBA will be selected on the basis of entrance examination followed by Personality Test. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination can also apply. For complete details click the below link.