SSC CHSL 2016-17 General Awareness Preparation in just 30 days
Jagranjosh Experts have come up with various tips for getting a good score in general awareness. These proven tips will help the aspirants in cracking SSC CHSL Exam 2016-17.
Staff Selection Commission has recently notified for the posts of lower division clerks, sorting assistant or postal assistant, data entry operators and court clerks in various government departments, courts and government organizations through the Combined Higher Secondary Examination 2016-17. The examination has three tiers of examination and the tier I is scheduled in January and February 2017. The first tier will have questions from general awareness, English, Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude. In this article, we shall try to give a strategy for the general awareness section in the examination which carries 50 marks with 25 questions allotted to this section
SS C CHSL 2016-17: How to master General Awareness
SSC CHSL Tier I paper will have 25 general awareness questions for which a total of 50 marks will be allotted. Let us see how you can get maximum marks in this section with smart work:
- Go through previous year papers: This is true for any section in any examination conducted by SSC since SSC repeats questions a lot in each of its examinations. Hence, your first job is to go through the previous year papers so that you get an idea regarding the areas questions come and also can solve these papers in case same questions are repeated
- Strengthen your strong areas: General Awareness section can pose questions from any and every area of general knowledge and the syllabus, thus, is huge. In order to make it your strength, you need to focus on the areas in which you are already strong so that you can score more in those sections easily
- Revise as much as possible: General Awareness is all about memory since you are bound to forget things you have read. The only solution to this is revising as much as possible before the examination
- Go through one standard book: Do not try to go for a number of books so that you do not mess up with your preparation. Choose one standard book and read as much as possible from that book. If you are done, revise the same as many times as possible
- Read daily: This is very important for general awareness section since it is a memory based section mainly. Read daily for this section especially before the examination so that all the information you have gathered are there in your memory when you enter the examination hall for the examination
- Make calculated guesses: For general awareness section, you have to do this since you will never have knowledge of each and everything and if you leave everything, you will not get marks and will be left behind in the race. So, you have to take chances but that should be calculated ones such as you may be confused between two answers and you choose one based on your knowledge but do not go for questions you have absolutely no idea about
- Practice as much as possible: Well, this again holds true for each and every section in this examination. You have to read and revise and with that, you have to practice questions from various sources so that you are confident enough to take the examination and score well. This confidence should be because of your preparation and not because of your intuition
- Follow newspapers daily: This is very important because you will get some questions from current affairs section as well. So, go through one standard newspaper everyday because that will help you keep up with the things happening around you. Current Affairs questions can make or break your fate in the section
General Awareness section in combined higher secondary level examination is important for candidates in the sense that they lose marks in this section because of negative marking. You do not have to score marks in every section because there is no sectional cut off in SSC Examinations, so, make calculated guesses but do not attempt questions only because you have an intuition or you have time. Attempts do not fetch marks, accuracy does. So, prepare this section as per strategies given above but keep in mind, you cannot rely on this section for marks.
All the best!!