SSC CHSL Preparation Plan: Staff Selection Commission conducts CHSL exam every year to recruit lower division clerks, data entry operators, court clerks and sorting assistants or postal assistants in various government departments and ministries. It is among the most sought exam among those candidates, who have recently passed senior secondary class. As the number of applicants are going high every year, the level of competion in the upcoming SSC CHSL exam will be of drammatic level. In this article, we shall discuss the tips and strategies to be adopted in order to get selected in this examination so that you land a government job just after you pass your school.
SSC CHSL 2018-19: Examination Pattern
From 2015 onwards, SSC has changed the examination pattern for the Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination in order to align it completely with the requirements of the government departments and organizations. The pattern is as follows:
- Tier I Examination: In this examination, there will be objective type questions from English, General Awareness, Reasoning and Mathematics. Every section will carry 25 questions of 2 marks each and the total marks allotted will be 200 for the paper. The total time allotted is 75 minutes. It will be a computer based examination in multiple shifts.
- Tier II Examination: This is a descriptive paper for those candidates who qualify the first hurdle and it will be a 100 marks examination where your essay and letter writing skills will be assessed. The marks obtained in this paper will be counted for final evaluation, whereas the minimum cut off marks will be 33 percent for this paper. Total time allotted is 1 hour for this paper.
- Tier III Examination: This is the skill test for data entry operator posts and typing test for other posts. This is merely qualifying in nature and marks in this examination will not be added to the final merit list compilation.
15 websites that will help you in SSC preparation
SSC CHSL 2018-19: Master Strategies
SSC CHSL is a good opportunity for candidates who have just passed out of school since it provides with an opportunity to get a government job after just coming out of school and at the same time, for others, it is a good opportunity because you get plenty of time to prepare for other examinations even after doing this. So, how to crack this exam?
- Strengthen your basics: This is the most important thing for any competitive examination and that is why, you need to be well versed with basic rules of grammar for English, basic rules of algebra, arithmetic, geometry, trigonometry and Mensuration for quantitative aptitude, reasoning aptitude rules for reasoning etc.
- Do not depend upon General Awareness: You will have 25 questions from this section but due to its vast syllabus, it is not possible to cover everything. Hence, try to score as much as possible in the other three sections to cover for the uncertainty surrounding this particular section.
- Negative Marking is there: This year the negative marking is 0.50 marks and you need to tread cautiously so that you do not lose marks in negative marking, especially in general awareness and English sections both of which pose many confusing questions.
How Internet can be useful in SSC preparation?
- English holds the key: General Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude questions can either be attempted or not, but the same does not hold good for English. In case of English, you have to be cautious since you are more likely to lose marks in negative marking if you go on attempting questions guessing.
- Practice makes it perfect: Practice is the ultimate key to success to anything and everything and the same is true for SSC CHSL examination as well. You have to practice as much as possible so that you get an idea regarding your strength and weakness and work on those areas accordingly.
- Mock tests make it easier: Once you are done with your syllabus for the examination, go for standard mock tests especially for practice of quantitative aptitude and reasoning. Try to score well but remember, in the examination hall, it is a different ball game altogether. So, score well, but do not let the score make you complacent.
SSC CHSL Examination is a good opportunity for aspirants who want to land a government job without much stress. You can live your life peacefully since you will never be held accountable for anything. At the same time, for ambitious lots, you get a lot of time to study for bigger and better jobs and at the same time, can interact with government servants to get an idea about the way things run. It is useful for applying for government jobs as well because it offers age relaxation in that case. So, this is the time to step up your preparation and make it a success for you.