The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) has ranked various Institutes offering Management courses in India. NIRF was launched by Ministry of Human Resource Development on 29th September, 2015. The NIRF has ranked various institutes based on the methodology drawn from the overall recommendations and broad understanding arrived at by a Core Committee set up by MHRD.
The NIRF Rankings for Management Institute was released on April 03, 2017 in India Rankings 2017 by Minister of Human Resource Development 'Prakash Javadekar' at Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi
The ranking provided by NIRF comprises of both government and private institutes that offer MBA courses to the students.
Given below is the list of Top 10 Government MBA colleges in India, as mentioned in the NIRF Ranking for the year 2017.
1. Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
2. Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
3. Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
4. Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
5. Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
6. Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
7. Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
8. Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
9. Indian Institute of Management, Indore
10. Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
The framework of ranking chosen by the ministry of human resource and development is as under:
1. Teaching, Learning & Resources: This parameter is focused on highlighting the core activities which are run by the college such as library facilities at the college, teaching and innovation, sports and extra-curricular activities, faculty experience etc. Ranking Weightage allotted to this parameter is 0.30.
2. Research, Professional Practice & Collaborative Performance: Another exclusive and crucial parameter for ranking colleges is Research, Professional Practice & Collaborative Performance. As per this parameter, colleges are ranked on the basis of the publications released by them, citation for the papers, collaborative publications they hold and Executive Education and Professional Practice (FEPP). Ranking Weightage allotted to this parameter is 0.20
3. Graduation Outcome: As per this parameter a college is judged on the Placement, Higher Studies and Entrepreneurship (PHE), Mean Salary for Employment (MS) extended by them. Ranking Weightage allotted to this parameter is 0.25
4. Outreach: This aspect emphasizes on the representation of women and socially challenged persons in student and/or faculty populations. Ranking Weightage allotted to this parameter is 0.15
5. Perception: This parameter is defined by the perception of the institution by its stakeholders. Ranking Weightage allotted to this parameter is 0.10
For more information, you can visit the offical page of NIRF Management Ranking for the year 2017.
From the year 2017 onwards, Jagranjosh.com has also initiated a step towards ranking the top B-Schools of India with its unique ranking methodology parameters. You can take a look at the rankings issued by Jagranjosh.com for the year 2017 HERE.
For more updates about top MBA Institutes, subscribe with us and receive latest news about the best MBA colleges of India!