The United Nations Organisation (UNO) is an inter-governmental organisation whose stated aims include promoting and facilitating cooperation in international law, international security, economic development, social progress, human rights, civil rights, civil liberties, political freedom, democracy and the achievement of lasting world peace. Here, we are giving 10 GK Questions and Answers on the functions, principal organs and associates organisations of UNO in the form of multiple choice questions. These MCQs helps the aspirant in the preparation of examinations like UPSC-Prelims, CDS, NDA, State-PSC, SSC, Railways etc.
1. Which of the following organisation led the foundation towards the formation of the International society nations?
A. League of Nations
B. United Nations
C. International UN Federation
D. International Institution
2. Which organisation is termed as "a Child of War"?
B. League of Nations
3. When was the ILO established?
4. Which of the following place is the headquarters of IMF (International Monetary Fund)?
5. Who had given the "Fourteen Point" programme for the formation of League of Nations?
B. Franklin D. Roosevelt
C. Sam Kutesa
D. Woodrow Wilson
6. When was the United Nations adopted the Charter of Economic Rights?
A. December 1980
B. December 1964
C. December 1974
D. December 1976
7. Which Conference adopted the United Nations Charter on 26th January, 1945?
A. London Conference
B. Tokyo Conference
C. San Francisco Conference
D. None of the above
8. What are the parameters to become a member of the UN?
A. It must be a state, it must be peace loving
B. It must accept the obligations to the Charter; it must be willing to carry out these obligations
C. It must be able to carry out these obligations
D. All the above
9. Under whom recommendations the UN General Assembly suspends the UN membership?
A. Judicial Body
B. International Judicial Community
C. Security Council
D. All of the above
10. The General Assembly of the United Nations have designated 1992 as:
A. International Child Year
B. International Space Year
C. International year of the Family
D. International year of Literacy
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.