Ranked among the world’s ‘best workplaces’, Google certainly has a pull among young professionals who want to build a successful career. But, while almost everyone would certainly jump at the opportunity to become ‘Googlers’, not many are able to do so; thanks to the tricky brain-teasers and quirky interview questions that are asked to the candidates.
Infact, Google has a well-established tradition of asking tricky interview questions that do not necessarily have a right or wrong answer and they are quite proud of it. These ‘not so easy to answer’ questions have little to do with the job profiles for which the candidate is being interviewed or their knowledge base. These are just brain-teasers aimed at testing the personality traits and cultural perspectives of the candidates.
So, if you are planning to go for a job interview at Google, better start preparing for such tricky questions right away. For your reference, we have included some of the most popular Google interview questions below.
1. What is your favourite Google product, and how would you improve it?
2. If ads were removed from YouTube, how would you monetize it
3. What do you know about Google?
4. If you wanted to bring your dog to work but one of your team members was allergic to dogs, what would you do?
5. A coin was flipped 1,000 times and there were 560 heads. Do you think the coin is biased?
6. Name a prank you would pull on x manager if you were hired.
7. What would you want to do if you didn't have to work?
8. How would you explain cloud computing to a 6-year-old?
9. What is the market for driverless cars in the year 2020?
10. Do you prefer earning or learning?
11. You’re the captain of a pirate ship, and your crew gets to vote on how the gold is divided up. If fewer than half of the pirates agree with you, you die. How do you recommend apportioning the gold in such a way that you get a good share of the booty, but still survive?
12. How many times a day does a clock’s hands overlap?
13. Why are manhole covers round?
14. How many buses are there in Hyderabad?
15. What happens from the point when you type in a URL in your browser to the point the page gets displayed?
While these interview questions certainly act as a guideline for job aspirants lookout to join IT majors and tech giants such as Google and Facebook; they are probably not going to be repeated during the interview process. Especially for Google, being the brand that it is; it never repeats any of the interview questions that are published on any online forums. So you can only use them to prepare for any such surprises that are thrown at you during the Google Job Interview.