West Bengal Police Constable Recruitment 2019: West Bengal Police Recruitment Board has published the recruitment notification for the post of Constable(Male). This is the good opportunity for government job aspirants as 8000+ vacancies are notified. Moreover, candidates can apply for the post via online or offline mode, as per their choice. The application process will begin tomorrow, i.e. on 05 February 2019 (Tuesday).
The last date to submit the WB Police Constable Application form is 05 March 2019. So, candidates will have one month to apply for the post. However, WB Police Constable 2019 Exam date is not yet announced.
The Recruitment is being done to hire male constable in West Bengal Police 2019. WB Constable minimum education qualification is Madhyamik Examination from the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent. The age of the candidate should be between 18 years to 27 years. More details on WB Police Constable Eligibility Criteria are given below.
West Bengal Constable selection will be done in five stages. First, WBPRB will conduct a preliminary written exam 2019 Candidates who qualify in the WB Constable Prelims exam will be called for Physical Measurement Test (PMT). Those who qualify in PMT will be called for Physical Efficiency Test (PET.) The candidates who qualify in PMT and PET will be called for a final written examination followed by Interview on the basis of merit.
West Bengal Police Constable final selection merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in final written exam and interview round.
Applicants seeking to submit WB Police Constable Online application can apply through the website wbpolice.gov.in by filling up their information including scanned photograph and signature. Applicants are advised to follow the procedure properly for applying through online mode.
West Bengal Police Constable Important Dates
- Starting Date of Application - 05 February 2019
- Last Date of Application - 05 March 2019 (5 PM)
- The last date of deposit of Application and/or Processing Fees in respect of only the applicants applying through on-line using United Bank of India Challan: 07 March 2019
West Bengal Police Constable Vacancy Details
Constable (Male) – 8419 Posts
- Unreserved (UR) - 2982
- Unreserved (E.C.) - 1638
- Scheduled Caste - 1149
- Scheduled Caste (E.C.) - 707
- Scheduled Tribe -345
- Scheduled Tribe (E.C.) - 193
- OBC-A - 622
- OBC-A (E.C.) - 311
- OBC-B - 261
- OBC-B (E.C) - 211
Eligibility Criteria for West Bengal Police Constable Posts
- The applicant must have passed Madhyamik Examination from the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in Bengali. However, this provision will not be applicable to the persons who are permanent residents of hill sub-divisions of Darjeeling and Kalimpong Districts.
Age Limit for West Bengal Police Constable:
The applicant must not be less than 18 years old and must not be more than 27 years old as on 01/01/2019. The Upper-age limit shall be relaxed for the SC/ST applicants of West Bengal only by 05 (five) years and OBC applicants of West Bengal only by 03 (three) years. The upper age limit is also relaxable for NVF and Home Guards Personnel (serving in West Bengal Police only) as per existing Government Rules. However Age relaxation is NOT available to Civic Volunteers.
Selection Procedure for West Bengal Police Constable Jobs
The selection will be done on the basis of Preliminary Examination which will act as screening examination followed by the Physical Measurement Test (PMT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Final Combined Competitive Examination and Interview Round.
How to Apply for the West Bengal Police Constable Jobs 2019
The eligible candidates can apply to the post through online or offline mode from 05 February 2019 to 05 March 2019 upto 5:00 PM.
Application Fee for West Bengal Police Constable Jobs:
- All categories except Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (of West Bengal only) - Rs. 170
- SC (West Bengal only) - Rs. 20/- for Processing Fee
- ST (West Bengal only) - Rs. 20/- for Processing Fee