West Bengal Police Job Notification: West Bengal Police invited applications for the post of Sub-Inspector/Lady Sub-Inspector of Police (Unarmed Branch) and Sub-Inspector of Police (Armed Branch). Eligible candidates can apply to the post in the prescribed format on or before 05 May 2018.
- Starting Date of Application - 06 April 2018 (5 PM)
- Last Date of Application: 05 May 2018 (5 PM)
- The last date of deposit of Application and/or Processing Fees in respect of only the applicants applying through on-line using United Bank of India Challan: 10 May 2018
West Bengal Police Vacancy Details
- Sub-Inspector/Lady Sub-Inspector of Police (Unarmed Branch) - 1194 Posts
- Sub-Inspector of Police (Armed Branch) - 333 Posts
Eligibility Criteria for Sub-Inspector/Lady Sub-Inspector Job
- The applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university or its equivalent
- Must be able to speak, read and write in Bengali. However, this provision will not be applicable to the persons who are permanent residents of hill sub-divisions of Darjeeling and Kalimpong Districts.
Selection Procedure for Inspector/Lady Sub-Inspector Jobs
The selection will be done on the basis of Preliminary Examination which will act as screening examination followed by the Physical Measurement Test (PMT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Final Combined Competitive Examination and Personality Test.
How to Apply for the West Bengal Police Sub-Inspector/Lady Sub-Inspector Jobs 2018
The eligible candidates can apply to the post through online or offline mode from 06 April 2018 to 05 May 2018 upto 5:00 PM.
Application Fee for West Bengal Police Sub-Inspector/Lady Sub-Inspector Jobs:
- SC (West Bengal only) - Rs. 20/- for Processing Fee
- ST (West Bengal only) - Rs. 20/- for Processing Fee
- Other - Rs. 270/- (Rs. 250 for Application Fee + Rs. 20 for Processing Fee)