The 21st National Youth Festival will commence from 12 January 2017 in Rohtak, Haryana. The Festival will conclude on 16 January 2017.
The Festival is organised by the Department of Youth Affairs of Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. It is organised every year on the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the participants of the Festival through video conference on the occasion of opening ceremony.
• The theme for the 21st National Youth Festival will be Youth for Digital India. The theme highlights the most critical and crucial importance of the thrust accorded to the area of Digitalisation and Skill Development by Government of India.
• The Mascot of the festival is ‘Lado.’ The mascot reflects the sensitivity of the Haryana Government towards the gender inequality in the state. It also signifies bringing women at par with men.
• The Festival will see a Defence exhibition where different aspects and initiatives of the defence forces, display of equipment and avenues for recruitment into Armed Forces will be projected for the benefits of thousands of young participant.
• Also, there will be a performance by renowned artist on the life and ideology of Swami Vivekanand on the opening ceremony.
About National Youth Festival
• The National Youth Festival first began in 1995 as a major activity under the programme of National Integration Camp (NIC).
• The centre of the festival focuses on cultural and other aspects that not only reflect the spirit of friendship but also peace and development.
• The Festival provides a nationwide exposure to the youth for the expression and realization of their cultural talents and aspirations.
• In 2016, the National Youth Festival was held in Naya Raipur, Chhattisgarh. Its theme was India Youth for Skill, Development and Harmony.
What: To be held in Rohtak
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.