31st Surajkund International Crafts Mela to begin today
The 31st Surajkund International Crafts Mela begins today. It is expected to witness over 15 lakh visitors.
The 31st Surajkund International Crafts Mela is scheduled to begin today on 1 February 2017 in Faridabad, Haryana.
The event will be inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Haryana, Manohar Lal. This year Jharkhand has been chosen as the theme state and the partner nation will be Egypt.
The mela will be open for public from 10.30 am in the morning till 8.30 pm in the evening till 15 February 2017.
• Help desks have been set up by the organisers at all the six entry gates, in order to make it easy for the public to obtain all relevant information.
• Along with this, the organisers have also deployed a team of volunteers called Mela Mitra to assist and guide visitors in case of any emergency.
• This year’s edition is also being termed as ‘Cashless Mela’, as all stakeholders have been given the option of opting for cashless transactions.
• The public can buy the entry tickets to the mela online.
• The 15-days long event will witness participation from over 400 artists who will exhibit the art, culture, handicrafts, heritage and cuisine of their respective states.
• Besides this, the mela will also see participation from over 21 countries.
• Among the installations at the mela is an18-feet tall statue of Birsa Munda, greatest freedom fighter of Jharkhand.
Organisers are expecting over 15 lakh visitors this year and elaborate arrangements have been made to accommodate such a huge number.