5G in China: Know about its speed and other benefits
China’s 5G services have started in about 50 cities, including Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen among others.
China has officially launched the 5G telecom network service on November 1, 2019. China's three major state-run telecom companies have started 5G service. China’s 5G services have started in about 50 cities, including Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen among others.
China aims at becoming the world’s top leader in next-generation telecom technology leaving behind the US and other western countries. As per the reports, 5G is the most advanced next-generation technology that provides faster download speed.
5G in China
• China gave the green signal for the commercial use of 5G in June this year.
• China government-owned companies China Unicom, China Telecom and China Mobile have launched 5G data services across the country.
• China has launched 5G with proper preparations as it had activated 11,859 5G based stations by October end this year. These stations are able to support 5G network across the country.
• These three companies have a user base of 10 million people across the country.
Also Read | What is Armenian Genocide? All you need to know
• 5G mobile phones are the fifth generation of wireless service. Its speed is quite good compared to the previous generation.
• Internet users will start getting higher data capacity, better coverage and battery of mobile devices will also cost less.
• Internet works 100 times faster than 4G. Users will be able to download the 1.7 GB movie in just two seconds.
5G Users in the world
• According to a report, by the end of the year 2020, the number of 5G users in China will cross 170 million.
• As per the analysts at Sanford C Bernstein said in a research paper that South Korea will be in the second position with 75,000 5G users in the country.
• Researchers also said that in the USA, by the year 2020, the number of 5G users will be around 10,000.
• If India launches 5G in the same year, 2020, it can give a big competition to South Korea and the USA.
5G in India
5G spectrum can be auctioned in the country during the calendar year 2019-20. Apart from this, about one lakh villages of the country will be covered under the 'digital villages' scheme of Government of India. The government has targeted to start testing 5G spectrum in the next 100 days.