The 60th National Film Awards were announced on 18 March 2013. Films such as Kahaani and Paan Singh Tomar were given some of the big awards at National Film Awards which are said to be the most popular film honours in Indian Cinema.
The artists who gave benchmark performances in acting and film making in the year 2012 were rewarded in the National Film Awards 2013.
The list of winners chosen by the jury in National Film Awards 2013 is as follows:
• Best actor: Irrfan Khan for Paan Singh Tomar and Vikram Gokhale for Marathi film Anumati
• Best film - wholesome entertainment: Vicky Donor
• Best film on social issues: Spirit (Malayalam)
• Best Animated Film: Delhi Safari
• Best Children's Film: Dekh Indian Circus
• Best Supporting Actress: Dolly Ahluwalia for Vicky Donor
• Best supporting actor: Annu Kapoor
• Best original screenplay: Sujoy Ghosh for Kahaani
• Best screenplay (adapted): OMG Oh My God
• Best actress: Usha Jadhav for Marathi film Dhaag
• Best actor: Irrfan Khan for Paan Singh Tomar
• Best Playback Singer - Male: Shankar Mahadevan for Bolo Na from the film Chittagong
• Best Playback Singer - Female: Aarti Anklekar Tikekar for Marathi film Samhita
• Best Choreography: Pandit Birju Maharaj for Vishwaroopam (Tamil)
• Best Editing: Namrata Rao for Kahaani (Hindi)
• Best Special Effects: Eega (Telugu)
• Best sound recording: Gangs of Wasseypur
• Special Jury Award - Actress: Parineeti Chopra for Ishaqzaade
• Special Jury Award - Actor: Nawazuddin Siddiquie for four films
• Special Jury Award - Film: Rituporno Ghosh for Chitrangada
About National Film Awards
The National Film Awards are most prominent awards given away to the film fraternity. These awards were established in 1954. Annually, the national panel is appointed by Government of India which selects the winner. The awards are presented by the President of India in the official ceremony.
Click Here to see the List of Awards Announced in various categories for the 60th National Film Awards
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.