LAMITYE 2016, the 7th joint military training exercise between the Indian Army and the Seychelles People’s Defence Forces (SPDF) began on 15 February 2016.
It will be a 2-week long exercise till 28 February 2016 and conducted at Seychelles Defence Academy (SDA) in Victoria, Seychelles.
Features of Exercise LAMITYE 2016
• Lamitye, which means friendship in Creole dialect, will be conducted with the aim of enhancing military cooperation and interoperability between the two countries.
• LAMITYE 2016 is the 7th biannual exercise since its inception in 2001.
• In 2016 exercise, the Indian contingent will comprise of an Infantry platoon and representatives from the Special Forces.
• The SPDF will be represented by 20 personnel from Tazar (Special Forces Unit) and 32 from Seychelles Infantry.
• The concluding phase of the exercise will incorporate a tactical exercise will be witnessed by senior military officers from both the countries.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 15 February 2016