7th India, Seychelles joint military exercise LAMITYE 2016 began in Seychelles
Lamitye, which means friendship in Creole dialect, will be conducted with the aim of enhancing military cooperation and interoperability between the two countries.
LAMITYE 2016, the 7th joint military training exercise between the Indian Army and the Seychelles People’s Defence Forces (SPDF) began on 15 February 2016.
It will be a 2-week long exercise till 28 February 2016 and conducted at Seychelles Defence Academy (SDA) in Victoria, Seychelles.
Features of Exercise LAMITYE 2016
• Lamitye, which means friendship in Creole dialect, will be conducted with the aim of enhancing military cooperation and interoperability between the two countries.
• LAMITYE 2016 is the 7th biannual exercise since its inception in 2001.
• In 2016 exercise, the Indian contingent will comprise of an Infantry platoon and representatives from the Special Forces.
• The SPDF will be represented by 20 personnel from Tazar (Special Forces Unit) and 32 from Seychelles Infantry.
• The concluding phase of the exercise will incorporate a tactical exercise will be witnessed by senior military officers from both the countries.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App