Akhilesh Yadav, Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Presented Budget for Fiscal Year 2013-14
Budget 2013-14 was presented in the Vidhan Sabha on 19 February 2013 by the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Akhilesh Yadav.
Uttar Pradesh Budget 2013-14: 221201.19 crore rupees Budget Planned
The Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh on 19 February 2013 presented a budget of 221201.19 crore rupees for the fiscal year 2013-2014 in the Vidhan Sabha. The budget presented for the upcoming fiscal year is 10.5 percent more than the budget presented in the 2012-13 fiscal year. The budget has not presented any new tax.
The state finance ministry of Uttar Pradesh is led by the Chief Minister of the State Akhilesh Yadav himself. The new budget had levied no new taxes but estimated a deficit of 2.94 percent in the new financial year.
Important points of the state budget 2013-14
• People with annual income less than 36000 rupees will be provided free houses in the state
• Free education for girls in degree colleges, both in government and government aided colleges
• 750 crore rupees was allocated for a loan waiver for farmers.
Budgetary Allocation of Money
• 32886 crore rupees for Education
• 20292 crore rupees for Social Welfare Schemes
• 10,654 crore rupees for Health
• 26,641 crore rupees for developing Infrastructure and Value-Addition on Bridges, Roads, Flyovers, Expressways, this is 25 percent more than the allocation made in 2012-13 budget
• 17,774 crore rupees for Agriculture
• 1,200 crore rupees for unemployment allowance
• 100 crore rupees for the development of Poorvanchal
• The state Government have allotted a sum of 350 crore rupees for its scheme Hamari Beti Ushka Kal
• 20292.92 crore rupees have been allocated for uplifting of SCs, STs, OBCs, physically handicapped, Minority groups as well as BPL families of general category
The budget has displayed a revenue loss of 3 percent (24000 crore rupees) in the GDP. The budget has assured construction of 313 junior schools and 1200 primary schools in the 2013-14 fiscal year.