Anam Ramnarayana Reddy, the Finance Minister of Andhra Pradesh on 18 March 2013 presented the budget for the year 2013-14 to the Andhra Pradesh legislative assembly.
Different new initiatives were launched by the Government in light of Integrated Rural and Urban development Programme. Find here the high points of the Initiatives
• A Skill Development Fund (SDF) has been established for implementation of RYK (Rajiv Yuva Kiranalu) which will leverage all funds meant for skill building among youth.
• The Government have accessed 12525.66 crores Rupees for 253 Projects under Government of India’s Flagship urban programme of Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) to improve the infrastructure in the urban areas of the State.
• Government has taken up training programmes through Mission for Elimination of Poverty in Municipal Areas (MEPMA)
• The state government will spend an additional amount of 1980 crores Rupees towards costs of land acquisition and relief and rehabilitation for the Hyderabad Metro Rail project.
• The Government is committed to bring in Godavari waters and execute Krishna Phase – III project to meet the drinking water needs of Hyderabad city. The outlay for the projects are 3725 crores Rupees and 1670 crores Rupees respectively.