Andhra Pradesh Government Proposed Metro Rail Project for Tirupati
State Government of Andhra Pradesh proposed a Metro Rail Project for Temple Town Tirupati.
State Government of Andhra Pradesh on 1 September 2014 proposed a Metro Rail Project for Temple Town Tirupathi. It will be the third venture that the government aimed to complete after completing the other two in three and half years.
The other two ventures were in Vishakhapatnam and Vijayawada-Mangalagiri lines. The principal adviser of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), E Sreedharan was appointed as the adviser for the AP government on the metro rail projects and the state government assigned the construction of the projects to Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
Metro Rail Projects in India
• Metro train was first started in Kolkata in 1984. But, The Modern Metro was started first in Delhi.
• The Mumbai Monorail is the first monorail in India and was opened on 7 February 2014, since the closing of the Patiala State Monorail Trainways in 1927.
• It was planned that all Indian cities having population more that 2 million will have metro rail system.
• Metro rail lines in India are composed of both standard gauge and broad gauge.
• Delhi Metro used broad gauge for its earliest lines but all new projects in India are on standard gauge.
• One exception is the Ahmadabad Metro, which will use Broad gauge, as there is more space available inside the coach.
• Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Gurgaon, Kolkata and Mumbai are the cities in which Metro is running.
• Jaipur, Chennai, Hyderabad, Navi Mumbai, Kochi and Lucknow are the cities in which Metro is being constructed.
• And it is planned to build in more than 15 cities throughout India.