Government of Andhra Pradesh on 28 December 2015 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Microsoft India on a range of technology initiatives.
The MoU was signed after a meeting between the Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu and Microsoft’s CEO Satya Nadella in Hyderabad.
The purpose of the MoU is to improve use of information and communication technologies, drive digital inclusion and provide IT-based decentralised citizen services.
The initiatives will help in checking school dropouts, improving agricultural productivity and providing better citizen services.
Features of the MoU
• By applying Microsoft Azure Machine Learning and Advanced Visualization method, the company will provide technical knowledge to the AP Government and support building three proof-of-concept (PoC) solutions.
• The three PoC solutions are related to the fields of education, agriculture and eCitizen services.
• The PoC solutions will be built and deployed to address specific problems within each of the fields to achieve better outcomes for the State.
• For data gathering, analysis, predictive analysis and policy planning, the lab method will used by the Microsoft India.
• State Government’s key IT executives will be trained on Microsoft technologies such as Cloud, Mobility and appropriate Microsoft Technology stack.
• The company will set up a Centre for Excellence (CoE) in Visakhapatnam.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 28 December 2015
Japan and South Korea reached Agreement on Issue of Comfort Women
Union Cabinet approved construction of 69 bridges on trilateral highway in Myanmar
Union Cabinet approved MoU between India & Jordan for promoting cooperation in IT & Electronics
Dr Gyanendra D Bandgaiyan appointed DG of National Centre for Good Governance