Apple Inc. on 18 May 2016 announced establishment of a new iOS App Design and Development Accelerator in Bengaluru.
The new initiative is aimed at supporting engineering talent and accelerating growth in India’s iOS developer community.
This facility is in addition to the Development Office that was formally opened by Apple’s CEO Tim Cook in Hyderabad on 19 May 2016.
Read More: Apple opens Development Office in Hyderabad
Features of the new facility
• Apple’s team will work to inspire and instruct developers on best practices, help them hone their skills and transform the design, quality and performance of their apps on the iOS platform.
• The developers will be given access to tools which will help them create innovative apps for customers around the world.
• The facility will also provide support and guidance on Swift, Apple’s powerful and intuitive programming language created to build apps for iOS, Mac, Apple TV and Apple Watch.
• Swift enables developers to write safer, more reliable code, save time and create richer app experiences.
• The facility is expected to open in early 2017.
Why the Apple choose Bengaluru?
• Tens of thousands of developers in India make apps for iOS, the world’s most powerful mobile operating system and the foundation for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
• Bengaluru is now home to more technology startups than any other part of India.
• Over one million people in the city work in the tech sector, and over 40 percent of graduates from local universities specialize in engineering or information technology.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Announced by Apple Inc.
When: 18 May 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.