Arvind Panagariya took charge as Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog on 13 January 2015. He became the first vice-chairman of the National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog, which replaced the Planning Commission on 1 January 2015.
NITI Aayog comprises of Prime Minister as chairperson, one vice-chairman, two full-time members, four ex-officio members (Union ministers) and three special invitees.
About Arvind Panagariya
• Panagariya, 62, is an Indian-American economist.
• He has been a professor of Economics at the Columbia University.
• He also served as the Chief Economist of the Asian Development Bank.
• He served as a Professor of Economics and Co-director, Centre for International Economics, University of Marylan at College Park.
• He has also worked for the World Bank, International Monetary Fund, World Trade Organisation, and the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) in various capacities.
Who: Arvind Panagariya
When: 13 January 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.