Bandhan Bank Ltd in March 2017 announced the signing of an agreement with Avenues India Pvt Ltd, the leading payment solution provider in India.
The agreement signed at the Bandhan Bank headquarters in Kolkata.
The pact was signed to provide the merchants with seamless access to the Point of Sale (POS) and the payment gateway products.
The partnership will help merchants to have speedier and more direct access to POS machines, payment gateways and competitive financing options.
The pact also asks the two parties to cooperate and benefit from each other’s networks, customers, systems, techniques and expertise for the purpose of enhancing customers’ experience.
About Bandhan Bank
• Bandhan Bank Ltd. is an Indian banking and financial services company.
• It is headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal.
• Initially, Bandhan started as a micro-finance company in 2001.
• It received banking licence by Reserve Bank of India in 2014.
• Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley officially inaugurated the bank on 24 August 2015 in Kolkata.
• Initially, it opened with 501 branches, 50 ATMs and 2022 Door step Service Centres across the country.
• It is the first bank to be set up in eastern part of India after Independence.
• At present, it has 3383 touch points pan India consisting of 744 bank branches, 2371 Doorstep Service Centres and 268 ATMs.
What: Signs agreement
When: March 2017