Bharti Airtel launched music streaming app Wynk for Android and iOS
Bharti Airtel, the largest mobile operator in India, launched Wynk Music app for Android and iOS.
Bharti Airtel, the largest mobile operator in India, on 2 September 2014 launched Wynk Music app for Android and iOS. The app is a carrier agnostic music streaming mobile application.
Wynk is an innovative app that presents a whole new dimension to for music by blending the technology and music.
With this, Airtel became the first operator to introduce an OTP (over-the-top) mobile application in the Indian market.
Features of the Wynk app
• The app users can access a library of more than 1.7 million regional and International songs across 8 different languages such as; English, Hindi, Bhojpuri, Punjabi, Telugu, Bengali, Tamil, and Kannada.
• This advertisement-free app will make the money through subscriptions.
• All users can stream the songs of their choice without any subscription and they can also tune into ad-free internet radio.
• Wynk Music is the only app with a vernacular User Iterface, and it also offers the Hindi interface option.
• User can choose between three preset sound qualities according to their needs, with regular@32kbps, medium@64kbps and high@128kbps.
• Streaming and download options are accessible with both via Wi-Fi connectivity and mobile internet.
Currently, Airtel has more than 200 million customers, out of which 20 % customers use smartphones and for the success of this paid app, company is company looking forward to the smartphone users.
Bharti Enterprises is already promoting the instant messaging application Hike. With the launch of Wynk, Airtel is directly competing with well established music app like; Gaana and Saavn.