Bhim Sain Bassi, the 1977-batch IPS officer of AGMU (Arunachal Pradesh-Goa-Mizoram-Union Territories) cadre took over the charge as the next Delhi Police Commissioner on 31 July 2013. He succeeded Neeraj Kumar.
Bhim Sain Bassi is 57 years of age. As of now, he was serving as the Special Commissioner of Police (Administration). Bhim Sain Bassi is the 20th Commissioner of Delhi Police. He will remain in the office till February 2016. Apart from him, Tihar Director General Vimla Mehra and Director General (Investigation) at the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) Kanwaljit Deol were in contention for this post.
Life Sketch of Bhim Sain Bassi
• Bhim Sain Bassi served in the Delhi Police in different capabilities which include Special Commissioner (Traffic), Joint Commissioner (Southern Range), Special Commissioner (Vigilance) as well as Additional Commissioner (Northern Range).
• He also remained the Director General of Goa Police.
• He was awarded with the Police Medal for Meritorious Service in the year 1996.
• He also received President's Police Medal for Distinguished Service in the year 2002.
• He is a commerce-cum-law graduate.
Who: Bhim Sain Bassi
When: 31 July 2013
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.