Borussia Dortmund on 27 May 2017 defeated Eintracht Frankfurt 2-1 in the German Cup final held at the Olympiastadion, Berlin.
It is the fourth title of the victorious Borussia Dortmund.
Borussia Dortmund had already earned automatic qualification for the group stage of the 2017–18 edition of the UEFA Champions League through position in the Bundesliga, Germany's premier football competition.
About Borussia Dortmund
• Borussia Dortmund is a German sports club based in Dortmund, North Rhine-Westphalia.
• It is a part of a large membership-based sports club with more than 145000 members, making it the second largest sports club by membership in Germany.
• The team plays in the Bundesliga, the top tier of the German football league system.
• It is one of the most successful clubs in German football history.
• The football team was founded in 1909 by eighteen football players from Dortmund.
• The team has won eight German championships, four DFB-Pokals, five DFL-Supercups, one UEFA Champions League, one UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, and one Intercontinental Cup.
About German Cup
• The German Cup, officially known as DFB-Pokal, is a German knockout football cup competition held annually.
• Sixty-four teams participate in the competition, including all clubs from the Bundesliga and the 2. Bundesliga.
• It is considered the second-most important club title in German football after the Bundesliga championship.
• The DFB-Pokal is run by the German Football Association (DFB).
• The winner of the tournament qualifies for the DFL-Supercup and the UEFA Europa League unless the winner already qualifies for the UEFA Champions League in the Bundesliga.
• The competition was founded in 1935. It was then called as the Tschammer-Pokal.
• Bayern Munich has won the most titles with 18 wins.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.