Eduardo Campos, the Brazilian presidential candidate, died on 13 August 2014 after his private jet crashed in São Paulo, Brazil. He was 49.
Campos, a former governor of the north-eastern state of Pernambuco, was the leader of the Brazilian Socialist Party (PSB). He was the frontrunner in the presidential election in Brazil which was due to take place in October 2014.
• Campos entered politics for the first time when he was elected as president of the Economics College Student Academic Centre in his University.
• In 1990, he joined the Brazilian Socialist Party (PSB) and was elected as the state representative.
• In 1994, Campos was elected as the Federal Representative of National Congress of Brazil. However, he resigned later to join Miguel Arraes as Government Secretary and Treasury Secretary.
• In 2004, Campos became Science and Technology Minister.
• Campos became the National President of the Brazilian Socialist Party in 2005.
• Campos served the country as the Governor of the state of Pernambuco for seven years (2007–2014).
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs Group