Veteran British actor David John Ryall died on 25 December 2014 following a brief illness. He was 79.
David John Ryall was known for playing the role of Elphias Doge in the Harry Potter Deathly Hallows film.
David John Ryall
• Ryall received a scholarship to the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in 1962, during which he won the Caryl Brahams Award for a musical.
• His work at the National Theatre included Guys and Dolls, The Beggar's Opera and Animal Farm, Coriolanus, The School of Wives, Democracy and The UN Inspector.
• Ryall appeared in many well-known television shows including The Singing Detective, Holby City, Casualty, Midsomer Murders, Goodnight Sweetheart and the Andrew Davies version of House Of Cards.
• Ryall replaced the actor Peter Cartwright to play the role of Elphias Doge in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 in 2010.
• His other film were Around the World in 80 Days, Truly, Madly, Deeply, City of Ember, The League of Gentlemen's Apocalypse, Restoration and The Elephant Man.
• His last film was Automata, a 2014 science fiction action film directed by Spanish director Gabe Ibanez.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.